MR-1 Skimmer from Seedless Reefer.

Yea! So it doesn't fit in the stand?

You don't research your purchases? Thank god it wasn't a fish!

You'll be pullin poop in no time you ole poop puller you!

Well, we measured and knew it would "fit" but it would be super tight getting it in there, if we could at all. We also knew there was enough room behind the tank and had a back up plan. :p

We let the skimmer run all night and it's foaming like a mad dog! Just no poop, cause we still haven't plumbed it into the main system. Sump is full of water, it was just too freshly mixed to put into system. Should be fine tonight.

Then we'll be seeing some poop! I don't know anything about the whole "dialing it in". Richard knew what you were talking about, but then he didn't seem to mess with it much yesterday. He is happy with where it is. He did say he turned it just a fraction and filled up the skimmer, lol. I was watching America's Next Top Model at the time, so missed it.

I'll take some pics maybe.

Still a mess in there, haven't moved any cords or anything. Ignore the maroon wall covered in salt splatter. It's behind the tank. I don't clean it. No one sees it unless I crawl back there to take pics of a new skimmer.

We'll camo the opening with a plant or something so no one sees all of our handywork.

P3050010.jpg
alt="" />

Ignore the cup.
P3050013.jpg
alt="" />

P3050009.jpg
alt="" />

P3050007.jpg
alt="" />

old sump still hooked up, but out of stand.

P3050008.jpg
alt="" />

Loren, what size tubing do I need for that drain?

JessPete;302228 wrote: Loren, what size tubing do I need for that drain?

Skip the tubing -- I like the Solo cup idea. Maybe you'll even come up with a recipe for a new bar drink.

:D

Why not? Linda, we can try beer pong tomorrow night, around someone ELSE's reef equipment, lol.

You'll get to meet caleb! yay!

Hmm, I think I'll call it "Imbibing Nemo". It's a shooter. Orange juice (or other orange fruit juice from Tropicana) on the bottom, orange vodka, more orange fruit juice, and triple sec. If layered correctly, should look like a little striped clownfish. Any takers?

Well Nemo was an Ocellaris, not a Percula, so no black is needed for the recipe, thus, I guess no skimmate.

au01st;302253 wrote: Hmm, I think I'll call it "Imbibing Nemo". It's a shooter. Orange juice (or other orange fruit juice from Tropicana) on the bottom, orange vodka, more orange fruit juice, and triple sec. If layered correctly, should look like a little striped clownfish. Any takers?

Sounds even better than that layered drink I had at TGI-Fridays a couple years ago.... it was called "Sex With An Alligator" ... wow, that knocked me on my tushie!!

Haha, I just thought it up. All of my friends think I should be a bartender, but if I'm at the bar on weekends, I want to be relaxing, not working. I'll stick to tending my personal bar and entertaining, not doing it for a living.

I'm a poop puller! It's working great! Plumbed (leaking) into the tank last night and she's a-pullin'! Even got some tubing and threw out the solo cup!

Back