MRC-1 Skimmer issues

chull13

Market
Reaction score
It doesn't seem to be skimmin like it was a few weeks ago. Also, it doesn't seem to be producing the amount of microbubbles. I checked the air valve and it doesn't seem to be clogged but when I open up the valve all the way it doesn't really "whistle" like it has a bunch of air flowing through it. It almost sounds like the air valve is sputtering. Any thoughts?

Take out the beckett injector and clean it out. Many times debris will get caught in there ina reduced the flow/air mixture.

I had the same thing happen with my MRC-2. My beckett seemed to be working properly and I even purchased a new beckett thinking something was wrong with it....What turned out to be was the pump. Once I placed a new pump on it with the old beckett microbubbles galore and that "whistling" returned. So, check your pump to be sure it is fully working properly.

jmaneyapanda;190298 wrote: Take out the beckett injector and clean it out. Many times debris will get caught in there ina reduced the flow/air mixture.

That's what it was. The beckett had a bunch of sand and even a small snail shell in it. It is working now.

Thanks

Yup. Becketts require maintenance and cleaning because their pumps push so much through them. But if you do so, they will work just as good, if not better, than any skimmer out there.

What Jeremy said. I ended up cleaning mine once a week because of the building up of debris in the becketts.

Back