My 40 Breeder

fishtank

Market
Reaction score
Just took another quick pic of the tank and thought I would share some build pics. Hope you enjoy.

It's a 40g breeder with Marineland canister filter and inline Hydor 200 watt heater. Black diamond blasting sand for substrate. Daily dosing of Excel and twice weekly dosing of flourish.

Egg crate layout
egg crate small.jpg
alt="" />
My detailed design layout
http://jnmstudios.com/aquarium/hightechdesign.JPG" alt="" />
Day 1
[IMG]http://jnmstudios.com/aquarium/day 1 small.jpg alt="" />
Day 9
Day 9 small.jpg
alt="" />
Day 33
day33 small.jpg
alt="" />
Day 40
day40small.jpg
alt="" />
Day 53
day53small.jpg
alt="" />
Day 90 (Today 12/2/13)
day90 small.jpg
alt="" />and the stand
40gtankandstand.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks! Its the current usa LED+ 36" freshwater light. Nice light, not super bright but for the depth of the 40 breeder it's perfect.

I have the exact same setup but only one plant. Looks great! Where do you get your plants from? Also what type of canister filter is that? I have a hob right now. Been working pretty well for the past 5 years but I was thinking about upgrading.

Sure do miss my planted tank every now and then. Keep up the good work!

Nickh06;916307 wrote: I have the exact same setup but only one plant. Looks great! Where do you get your plants from? Also what type of canister filter is that? I have a hob right now. Been working pretty well for the past 5 years but I was thinking about upgrading.

I got my plants from Petland in Dunwoody. They are right by my work so im in there a little too much. I have the marineland C220. I had 2 HOB's and in tank heater on my 29g and I much prefer the canister with inline heater! With the painted black background you can hardly tell there is equipment in there!

Very nice looking tank. Any plans for fish? Also, do you plan on co2? I used co2 in a planted tank for a while and it really took off after I did.

JDWells;917304 wrote: Very nice looking tank. Any plans for fish? Also, do you plan on co2? I used co2 in a planted tank for a while and it really took off after I did.

Thanks! With the exception of 2 GBR's it is stocked to my liking, there are 2 molly's, 2 platy's 1 clown pleco 14 rummy nose tetra's and 3 nerite zebra snails. I always wanted a low tech tank, this thing already is going nuts! It would be crazy with co2!

Oh yeah I see the Molly's in the pic now. lol
And yeah co2 would blow those plants up! If you wanna stay lowtech you could always do the DIY route. Really cheap and easy. Works well too IME.

Sent from my iPhone using
m

Back