My 54 Corner Build

tnyga

Market
Reaction score
Its official, Big D is on his way to Covington to drop off my new tank. 54 corner...Question is...pics or no pics getting it set up?

um... I can't believe youre actually asking this question...

>

I figured..used tank..but I didnt see it on D's threads..ok ok...I had a relapse...pics it is lol

hey, buy my 54g corner also.

Then you can have a 108g semi-circle...

Ok...Remember this is my first build...so be nice.... :)

I will say that after Dakotas thread on a sump I was sacred beyond thinking this would be loud and obnoxious...Now that it sup and running I am extremely pleased!!

Some specs:
54 gl Corner w/overflow
10 gl Sump
ASM Mini G Skimmer w/ Gen X 2400
Seio 620 and a koralia 3

This is where the wife LET me put the tank (Dining room) If I knew the tank would be this QUIET with a sump I would have put it in the bedroom...the wife was even sold on the idea</em>
IMG_0335.jpg
alt="" />

35 Gl salt mix and about 20lbs LR from my 16
IMG_0334.jpg
alt="" />

Do you really care what thermometer I have?
IMG_0337.jpg
alt="" />

Stand
IMG_0341.jpg
alt="" />

Stand/Tank
IMG_0343.jpg
alt="" />

Plumbing getting hooked up
IMG_0342.jpg
alt="" />

10 Gallon Sump...no baffles.....yet
IMG_0345.jpg
alt="" />

DYI Durso Overflow
IMG_0347.jpg
alt="" />

ASM Mini G Skimmer and sump
IMG_0348.jpg
alt="" />

Skimmer just Turned on
IMG_0352.jpg
alt="" />

5 Minutes later
IMG_0357.jpg
alt="" />

Sunpod 150w 14k Bulb....Its a start...Only about 20lbs of rock
IMG_0361.jpg
alt="" />

Skimmer about 30 minutes running...
IMG_0362.jpg
alt="" />

Some more LR...Starting to clear up...
IMG_0367.jpg
alt="" />

In the Dark
IMG_0372.jpg
alt="" />

Its been set up for about 90 minutes and the tank has cleared up considerably. Ill take more pics when wife gets home with camera...Big D was awesome!! Besides driving over an hour to get here, he also helped every step of the way setting it up. It did cost him something while he was here though...Seems our daughters conjured up a little something for his girl to take home :eek:

IMG_0364.jpg
alt="" />

More LR coming...So far Parameters are great

Temp: 78.8
PH: 8.3
Ammomia: 0
Phosphates: 0
Nitrates: 0-10
Ca: 410

I doubt Ill have any cycle. the LS came with tank along with about 25 gallons of water or so...

Ok...your turn all.... lol

I'd definitely wait until that tank fully cycles before adding that bunny....

Linda Lee;86005 wrote: I'd definitely wait until that tank fully cycles before adding that bunny....

<grin>
Only you Linda :)

Grrrr.. I tested the water again because of the nitrates...after testing all is the same except calcium (380) and Nitrates 40-60

Why would my Nitrates be so high?? I tested plain water and its zero..I dont get it...35 gallons of new mix to the 20 Big D brought...Could it be the test kit???

Used daughters Camera but heres 4 hours later
IMG_4737.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_4738.jpg
alt="" />

why dont you lower the right hand power head to get some flow on the lr and coral. by the way nice look perfect caves adn stuff.

purpleGORILLA;86045 wrote: Looking really good Russ..

kinda naked.. heheh Love the tank though...It's everything I was hoping it would be...setting up went great...

Big D;86055 wrote: <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">Russ, it's probably the sand. Let it settle and then do a good sized water change. Looking good though.</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">I'm not gonna show Ana that picture of her, looks like she was drunk. :lol2: She'll have a complex for years.</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">David</span>

lol Im soooooo sorry Ill do that water change in a few days...Heres a night shot...Will get poster board or felt in a couple days..

IMG_0377.jpg
alt="" />

Im listening Dawg :) and thanks...I really like it too...I thought it really must have looked like crap..usually you guys are all over pics.. :) Awfully tight under there with a 10

Back