My Bicolor Blenny have turned into a MonoColor Blenny

purplegorilla

Reaction score
So I have this Bicolor blenny for couple of months. When I first ordered him from petsolution, he was a tiny 2 tones blenny. He got full of characters and recently have grown in sizes. Well about a week ago, he has changed from half black/half gold to a completely black blenny.

He is the only blenny in there except for another blenny that I bought from Petland a while back.(haven't been able to figure out what kind of blenny he is yet except for black color with white specks all over).

So I did a little searching and the only reason why the blenny would change color is that he is a male and it is sexy time for him. Just wondering how is that gonna happen when he is the only bi color blenny in there.

I couldnt imagine my DARK Blue and Gold blenny turning all blue...I am sorry I have no answer ither than a smarta@@ one...lmy apologies bro :(

tnyga;98016 wrote: I couldnt imagine my DARK Blue and Gold blenny turning all blue...I am sorry I have no answer ither than a smarta@@ one...lmy apologies bro :(

Wanna trade? :D

I kinda liked it Trinh thought it looked great..unique not to many people have one that color!

My bi-colored blenny is actually blue 'n orange. (Guess he's an Auburn Tigerfish).

:D

I'm no bloomin blenny expert, but from my understanding there are like 3 color morphs of the bi-color blenny. They all start off as two-tone juvies and then upon adulthood they can have different color morphs. Some of them stay two-tone, others turn solid dark color that can be blue-black, and others turn blue-black with whitish stripes.

FutureInterest;98033 wrote: I'm no bloomin blenny expert, but from my understanding there are like 3 color morphs of the bi-color blenny. They all start off as two-tone juvies and then upon adulthood they can have different color morphs. Some of them stay two-tone, others turn solid dark color that can be blue-black, and others turn blue-black with whitish stripes.

Noooooooo!! I want mine to stay the color he is!!!

Okay, that's it... this guy gets a pack of Camels a day to stunt his growth.

:'(

I dont really care...healthy is all Im looking for...either that or he's bait :)

Are you sure?..I can't see how he is gonna get that bright yellow back from looking like this. I really hope so..
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
98093=6099-blenny.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
98093=6099-blenny.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="blenny.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Thats what mine looked like for a month or two and it slowly came back. However, I thought it was due to poor nutrition bc I had a bully sixline that always stole his food and after I got rid of the bully and directly fed him, his yellow color came back.

Back