My birthday present.

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
My wife was kind enough to get me a few fish as an early birthday present! It's my birthday later this month, but the opportunity to get these fish presented itself a lil early. So, I won't have anything to unwrap later this month :sad: but I'm happy now :).

Achilles tang - one of the hardest members of the tang family to keep alive in captivity. They are beautiful but renown to be difficult to maintain. This guy is only 2.75 inches long or so. He's the smallest Achilles I've seen or even heard of. I saw him at Optimum Aquarium and nearly had a fit at how small it was. Even still, I told my wife we wouldn't buy him unless he ate on the spot. So they fed him some regular old pellets and he ate. Barbara was there and witnessed it as well. I didn't believe my eyes. He's so young that the trademark orange teardrop marking is still forming.

<p style="text-align:center;">
achilles.jpg
alt="" />

Blue flasher wrasses - My wife got me 4 of these beautiful fish. There's 1 terminal male, 2 sub-males, and 1 female. They have yet to flash, but given time they will. Even though they're not flashing, they're still gorgeous in my opinion. They remind of me fresh water bettas.

Blueflashercopy.jpg
alt="" />

Melanurus wrasse - A beautiful wrasse from the Halichores family. You need a sand bed for this gorgeous fish, so you wierd BB freaks can't have one! :) It's a stunning fish. This one is a terminal male and its colors really pop in the tank.

melanuruscopy.jpg
alt="" />

B-Early Happy Birthday to ya! Are you an Aries too? Rene and I are celebrating our bdays this weekend! I plan to get him a flame angel!

You've got really beautiful fish!

Great looking fish. The Achilles is one of my favorite fish. Good luck with him and the rest of the fish and happy early birthday.

Thanks Drew, thanks Cookie. Happy Birthday to you and Rene as well!

I missed being an Aries by a few day. As such, I'm a taurus which fits me as I unfortunately have the matching temperament.

LOL. Usually they do calm the fire... sometimes they add to it though :). On balance, they're a good thing!

Jin. Simply beautiful! Tell your wife that my birthday was on 3/26!!! She is very nice. Sounds like a keeper! :)

Thanks guys. She's definitely a keeper!

Darren, I've got a frag for you anyways that I've been meaning to drop by. It'll be your belated b-day present.

Brother you have got some BEAUTIFUL additions to your family. Congrats!!!

Happy early one brother. Beautiful fish! And I got a nice frag waiting for you.....well, it needs to grow a lil bit more...but you know which one it is :)

Happy, Birthday-to-Be, Jin. Your new additions are spectacular. That's my favorite tang!! If he ever comes up missing, I'm sure I'll have an alibi....

:)

Happy early Birthday!! I love that little flasher!! FW bettas are one of my favs and I've had at least one since I was 14!! ( I was up to 16 at one point!!) Anyway, that's a wonderful gift you got there!! Good luck with that tang!!

OH, and by the way, I am married to a Taurus, and my oldest son is one too... Now, I'm not one to really believe in that sort of thing, but they fit the description to a T... I'm a Scorpio, and most people can guess that right away.. Weird.

Jin, I really hope that Achilles does well for you. It's my favorite fish by far... too bad they are hard to maintain. One day I'll own one though.

And happy early birthday.

Back