my clowns have the brain of a clown

sagent3000

Market
Reaction score
i have a pair of mated peculla the swim around the tank all day playing with each other and chasing the psudeocromis. well at night after they do their mating dance they then go sleep in my brain coral.

should i get them an anemone or leave them alone?

There are lots of things that are hosts to clownfish- anemones, corals, even powerheads or rubberband clumps. As long as your clowns are not irritating your brain, I would leave them be. Clowns have their names for a reason. :) They don't always do as we think they should. I know mine don't. :)

the only thing that worries me is that she will lay eggs in the brain and the brain will eat them

sagent3000;272118 wrote: the only thing that worries me is that she will lay eggs in the brain and the brain will eat them

If she lays eggs in the display, the chances are that <u>something</u> will eat them anyway.

I've seen clowns hosting an open brain at the LFS. I want to get one for my clowns, but can't quite stomach the $140 they want yet.

And clowns dont lay eggs in their host. Any natural host would eat or sting the eggs.

stacy22;272079 wrote: There are lots of things that are hosts to clownfish- anemones, corals, even powerheads or rubberband clumps. As long as your clowns are not irritating your brain, I would leave them be. Clowns have their names for a reason. :) They don't always do as we think they should. I know mine don't. :)

I think mine SHOULD stay alive more often. I have such bad luck with them it's not even funny.

Back