My first anemone...have question.

if its the white fire coral, that stuff is childs play....used it for a luffa once. now the red kind....watch out kids!

Mark,

You a piece of worK! If you took the time to type that whole thing, you have WAY too much time on your hands!

Your tank is SPECTACULAR...so much that I really wanted to climb in for a swim. Thanks so much for the frags, that was very generous.

Something I've been wondering about is: with the tank that deep, how do you work in it? Will you arm reach toi the bottom?

Curator;128222 wrote: Mark,

You a piece of worK! If you took the time to type that whole thing, you have WAY too much time on your hands!

Your tank is SPECTACULAR...so much that I really wanted to climb in for a swim. Thanks so much for the frags, that was very generous.

Something I've been wondering about is: with the tank that deep, how do you work in it? Will you arm reach toi the bottom?

Yep the "ol' Find & Replace" Command works wonders. Thanks for the kudos, definitely a lot of sweat tears and several thousand EXPLETIVES!

The tank is 36"X36"X30" and I have become the master with the tongs. I can snatch a grain of sand out of the tentacles of my Tiger Urchin. Ok, not really but I have become quite proficient at it! I really need to get some 24" Clamp tongs (the ones you see the Roadside Parolees using to pick up trash). The tongs I have are great for moving smaller items but if they are too heavy I tend to drop them. And droping a 5 pd rock on my Squamosa is not a good thing!

I forgot to ask, can a bubble tip anemone be handled without getting stung?

I can attest to his proficiency. At times he can't even see where he's placing it... so he has to go by memory, some sick guy saying higher/lower/left/right, and of course the Force.

Nope you can't handle it without getting stung. In fact, it will sting the crap out of you. Fortunately for you, your skin is so thick you won't feel anything :).

FutureInterest;128319 wrote: I can attest to his proficiency. At times he can't even see where he's placing it... so he has to go by memory, some sick guy saying higher/lower/left/right, and of course the Force.

I used the "farce" last time and dropped a frag behind the LR! I just have to remember, Superglue Gel is my friend!:thumbs:

Yes it is plenty thick enough to prevent any stings. Even on your bare skin though you're not going to feel it anyways unless you have a cut :).

FutureInterest;128339 wrote: Yes it is plenty thick enough to prevent any stings. Even on your bare skin though you're not going to feel it anyways unless you have a cut :).
:thumbs:

I have heard that some types of carpets are stout enough that you will def. feel it...Never has happened to me so I couldnt say...I have brushed up on Condi's and BTA's and nadda..

John, my Bubble Tips haven't moved more than a few inches in about 6 months, its all in building the proper habitat for them........ I'll gladly show you how to position live rock to best suit a BTA.

the most I've ever seen an anemone do to someone was make their skin a lil red. That was from a carpet and they had a fair complexion. You dont need to worry about it, you'll feel nothing.

I dont know about the bubble tip but I can tell you a carpet will get your attention. I found that out this weekend the hard way.

Something to remember about stings: just because one person is unaffected doesn't mean someone else won't be. I've heard about some rather nasty allergic reactions to anenome stings. Keep some Benedryl on hand just in case.

I use a latex glove. Not because of the anemone, but because of one extremely protective little Clarkii clownfish.

Back