My first DIY Sump

Rbredding;382469 wrote: are probes different diameters?

how did you know the size for the probes? (or did you already have them?)

I'm planning on getting an apex in the group buy.. anyone know the size hole required for those probes?
is the temperature probe the same size as the PH probe?

Thanks...

the sump mods look great..

When I sized the holes, I basically compared a Pinpoint probe to different drill bits I had, then chose the one that was a little wider than the probe body. Not a big deal....most probes flare out on the top cap anyways, and if you need to you can buy O-rings to slide up the probe body that effectively widen out the probe width as well.
Dave

Looks really good. I have been playing with some ideas for a sump for my 60 cube, but none are as nice as yours I might steal it.

savingnemo754;384424 wrote: Looks really good. I have been playing with some ideas for a sump for my 60 cube, but none are as nice as yours I might steal it.

Steal away!:)

Acroholic,

How does water get into the bulkhead feeding the refugium portion of the sump when the bulkhead is higher than the 8.5" overflow into the rear of the sump? I'm guessing you have another feed coming into the sump, but was wondering the setup for doing such.

Thanks,

Mark

another good buy from my store it looks like left the tag on it still :p

Hehe...the tag came off before I put it in service.
Dave

matlet;477168 wrote: Acroholic,

How does water get into the bulkhead feeding the refugium portion of the sump when the bulkhead is higher than the 8.5" overflow into the rear of the sump? I'm guessing you have another feed coming into the sump, but was wondering the setup for doing such.

Thanks,

Mark

I used a PVC manifold and feed water to the refugium from there. You could also use a small power head submerged in the sump.

That is waaay tooo nice!! I was working on my DIY sump on Saturday and thinking I did pretty good - the baffles are nice and vertical!! :lol2:

Back