My First Reef Tank

Deucenbc

Reaction score
While I want to build a massive 6 foot reef tank for my living room it scares the hell out of me. So the Wife and I decided I should start on a small tank so I can learn. We know that small tanks can be less forgiving but I am retired and have plenty of time to tend to the tank.
When I contacted the vendor, I explained to them I wanted to go big eventually but wanted to learn first. I also said I love gadgets and automating things.
Here is What we was thinking...
IM 20G Nuvo Fusion Nano Tank
Two Little Fishies GFO Phosban Reactor 150
NUVOSkim DC Protein Skimmer Desktop AUQA Gadget - Innovative Marine
2 x Sicce Micra Plus Aquarium Pump (158 GPH)
Tunze NanoStream 6040 Controllable Pump
Innovative Marine HydroFill AUQA Gadget Auto Top-Off Bundle - 3 Piece Set
Aqua Illumination Hydra TwentySix HD LED Light Fixture - Black
Aqua Illumination Flex Mounting Arm for Hydra LED Lights - 18 Inch

Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm 100 Watt Aquarium Heater w/ LED Display
CaribSea Arag-Alive Indo-Pacific Black Sand 20 lb

CaribSea Life Rock - 20 lbs

test kits and such for...
$1600 shipped to my door.
Is this a good setup for a noob reefer and is the price OK or did the salesperson take advantage of my lack of knowledge?

For brand new stuff the price isn’t bad.

From here on our, come here first and post a wanted ad. Guys typically are selling everything you need.

I have had bad experiences with used equipment. I went to go buy a 180 g tank stand and sump from someone used. I saw it up and running and looked ok.. but when I went to pick it up they had cut all the plumbing and scratched the glass along with bent door hinges. After that I just didnt want to deal with used. Same thing for used car. U know you can get it cheaper but there is always that unknown and no warranty

I have had bad experiences with used equipment. I went to go buy a 180 g tank stand and sump from someone used. I saw it up and running and looked ok.. but when I went to pick it up they had cut all the plumbing and scratched the glass along with bent door hinges. After that I just didnt want to deal with used. Same thing for used car. U know you can get it cheaper but there is always that unknown and no warranty
Man that sucks. Im sorry you had a bad experience. I'll say though, from my limited experience buying and selling here, I trust ARC members. I think you can feel safe buying from people here without too much worry, especially from supporting members. I know it's only $30, but it shows some commitment. Moreover, you can search a member's past posts. You can pretty easily tell who has been around and is a trusted member here. Just my $0.02

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back