My first test results.

jrhunter0000

Market
Reaction score
tank has been running just over a week... did my first test heres what im at....

Tank is cycling heres my tests tell me what yall think what i should do worry about? PH=7.8 AMMONIA=.50 NITITE=0.50 NIRATE=0 is this a good cycle? i took the shrimp out have live rock and sand in there now..

What do i need to look at or do? number correct or off? new to the hobby
10341413_532221023551099_5886425321263237916_n.jpg
alt="" />

Don't correct anything. Let it do it's own thing. I would have left the shrimp in there. Maybe toss in a pinch of food every now and then for a continuing ammonia source

Ringo®;958946 wrote: Don't correct anything. Let it do it's own thing. I would have left the shrimp in there. Maybe toss in a pinch of food every now and then for a continuing ammonia source

should i add another shrimp? im running a 125 gallon

Up to you. I probably wouldn't at this point. Fish food should do the trick. Could use pure ammonia from the grocery store if you wanted to.

Ringo®;958949 wrote: Up to you. I probably wouldn't at this point. Fish food should do the trick. Could use pure ammonia from the grocery store if you wanted to.

what are some ideal numbers for the 4 above? ph 7.8-8.2 amonia 0 what about the other 2

Most people will shoot for somewhere between 8.0 and 8.4 for pH (again, don't chase this number until the cycle is over). Ammonia and Nitrite you want at 0. While cycling, keep your ammonia around .25 (about where you have it) until it's able to process that dose in 24 hrs. When the tank is cycled, you'll want to keep Nitrate in the sub 5ppm range.

judith dawkins;959243 wrote: Hi just about to install a marine saltwater fish tank any suggestions would be greatly received

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Start a new thread. You'll get more traffic that way.

It's only been a week, you have a ways to go. I would check ammonia, nitrates and nitrites every 4ish days.

Back