My Green Chromis had babies... what next?!?!

Those are mysis shrimp.....Mysis shrimp can appear out of no where trust me I have tons of them in my tanks and I never put a single one in there lol

merkywater;980695 wrote: Those are mysis shrimp.....Mysis shrimp can appear out of no where trust me I have tons of them in my tanks and I never put a single one in there lol

Thanks!! I was afraid to ask to many more questions.. the blonde may show through...
Either way it's cool finding new things in your tank

Free food lol

Mimi's Fish;980703 wrote: Thanks!! I was afraid to ask to many more questions.. the blonde may show through...
Either way it's cool finding new things in your tank

They look alot like mysis shrimp. Have you added any macro algae to your tank in the last few months? I had a group of about 20 hatch out when I ordered from Garf.org. Holley

They aren't mysis like what you buy in the way of frozen food. Those are a freshwater variety.

However, there are small mysid type shrimp that most people have in their tanks - the picture confirms what I speculated earlier.

They're a good thing to have. They stay small like that - those are adult size, and they will reproduce. They are good to have in the tank and your fish can and will eat them. Your chromis was probably feeding on them.

Jenn

Jenn, so does that freshwater variety have the ability to live in saltwater indefinitely??or will they die out over time??

The freshwater variety are sold as frozen fish food. They don't live in saltwater.

The ones that Mimi's Fish has are the saltwater variety that hitchhike in on coral/rock. They are distinctly different species but are somewhat similar in appearance.

merkywater;980721 wrote: Free food lol

+1 i harvest mysids with a syringe from my buddys coral trough to feed to my flaming prawn goby. he loves em and they are the perfect sized live food for him. ive noticed he comes out more since ive fed those to him as well.

Back