My new 55 FOWLR and questions

lorenk

Market
Reaction score
So I picked up a 55g setup yesterday from someone on craigslist. These are the specs:

55g AGA drilled with corner overflow kit.
Stand and hood.
96wx2 Sunpaq retrofit (needs new bulbs).
Coralife superskimmer 125 (need to figure out how to get that going).
wet/dry sump
About 40-50 lbs of LR
LS

Live stock:
Yellow Tang (yes, I know he'll have to go)
Skunk Clown
Niger Trigger
Coral Beauty Angel
White Tail Angel
A bunch of little anemones.

Goal is to move my nano inhabitants to it at some point so I'll need to upgrade the lights and get rid of the non-reef safe fish. But that will be a while. Need to sell my camper trailer to gen some funds for that.

I'll post some pics soon.

EDIT, nvm about the questions...I found the manual for the skimmer and sump.

Cool, sounds nice. I'm a little worried about your "bunch of little anemones," though- what type are they?

Most likely aiptasia..but they will be dining on joes juice in the near future.

It's too bad because they actually add something to the tank since it's got no coral.

balagan;52394 wrote:
Yellow Tang (yes, I know he'll have to go)

Dude, My Yellow Tang love his 55 gal home... so I do not think yours HAS to find a new home!!!

He will work in a 55 until he gets large. Some yellow tangs easily reach 6" some larger than 8". He will likely need at least 6' of swimming room. Until he gets in the 3.5-4" range, you will be fine.

Yeah, I think he's slightly past the 4" mark. Guess I'll have to buy another tank.

Yeah, I'll be listing him soon for trade/sale. My wife said I can keep a bigger tank outside where I'll be living if I should so choose to get one.

Also going to get rid of the trigger and the white tail angel. That will leave me with the coral beauty and the clown.

I killed most of the anemones today. I need to search around and find any strays.

I had my fish confused. The clown as either a tomato or a fire clown. Not sure how to tell the difference.

balagan;52846 wrote: Yeah, I'll be listing him soon for trade/sale. My wife said I can keep a bigger tank outside where I'll be living if I should so choose to get one.

Wow! That's a big doghouse!!! ;)

Back