Hello! Newbie into the reef scene.

RahsReef

Supporting
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Rah and I have been into the hobby of aquariums for a little over 2 years. I started with a freshwater setup and a 30 gallon. Its a river setup and has some live plants in it. Understanding the do's and don'ts of an aquarium is vital to the sucess you will reap from the hobby. I am new to the hobby of reef aquariums so had to show my support and become a member of this awesome community. Living in Gwinnett, it is awesome to have such a big and extensive group that enjoys the same thing.

While freshwater is a completely different animal then saltwater, I am new and may come here to ask for guidance from you all.

With that being said, this tank has been up and running about a month and a week now. I have taken the steps to ensure that I am doing what I need to when testing water as well as getting the proper equipment for my tank. The tank is 37 gal tank and I have a 10 gallon sump and figured Id love to share with you some pictures!! I am dealing with normal diatoms outbreak in the beginning stage of a new aquarium but they will go away Im brand new so plesse have mercy. I'd be more than happy to answer questions if you have any!! Happy Reefing!!!

Attachments

• 20221106_165722.jpg
    20221106_165722.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20221106_165741.jpg
    20221106_165741.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20221106_165722.jpg
    20221106_165722.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20221103_215725.jpg
    20221103_215725.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 28
Welcome, thanks for the pictures, look forward to watching your progress & feel free to ask questions.

Also, thank you for deciding to support the club by becoming a supporting member!

Welcome! What side of Gwinnett are you on? I've got a frag for you in Duluth.

Yeah I work at a vinyl shop as well, have thought about putting black vinyl on the back as well. It will look much better once thats done.

Sent from my Galxy Note

I live off of pleasant hill and club drive, so basically Duluth/Lawrenceville. I would love some frags to get it more populated! Yall are awesome

Sent from my Galxy Note
I am just south of Steve Reynolds on Old Norcross. Haha it sounds like you and Steve are neighbors.

I am just south of Steve Reynolds on Old Norcross. Haha it sounds like you and Steve are neighbors.
What a small world. :) thabks for the blessing man, awesome to have a couple people right by the house! Getting a frag later today too, so just bought some cleaner for them. This should be helpful!

Sent from my Galxy Note

Back