My Snowcassos laid!!

Success!!!! Finally coordinated a date nite with my snowflakes where they hatched on my one night off a week. Then surprisingly I mis calculated the hatch night of my snowcassos and was also able to siphon some out of the tank when I realized what happened. As I wasn't prepared for the snowcassos to hatch I was only able to collect about 20 larvae or so.

Right now I have snowflake and snowcasso offspring at 20 days old and doing well. Their markings are already beginning to show and already see 2 platinums in the mix. Excited to see how their markings will look like. Still too small for the camera to focus in on them...definatly need to go out and buy a macro lens... 2 Years of messing with these guys and it's all paid off...

And then more good news.. They hatched again 2 days ago and I have another batch of snowflakes and snowcasso offspring this time in the hundreds!!!!

I'm going to have to find a place to grow all these guys out...my condo is way to overcrowded right now for any more tanks..

Off topic, but I visit destin often to stay at my parents' condo in San Destin. I'd love to swing by the next time to see your setup and talk about reefing.

Open invite anytime bud!! I also live in sand destin. I'm looking at renting out a wearhouse space for all my clowns and so that I can do all the other things I've wanted to with reefing but couldn't because of lack of space. Hopefully it will be up by this summer...;)

DawgFace;708597 wrote: Not sure what your position here is but I'll cover what and where I think your going with this. I understand that breeding does not produce consistant preferred offspring if even at all. That's not my point, I didn't specify this as it is irrelevant imo. If and when two Snowcassos do produce markings "consistent" with Snowcassos does it make sense they can not be called Snowcassos due to a so called location specific breeding point trademark?

Fwiw that trademark does not stand a chance of holding up in court and that's If she truly has one at all.

FWIW, it's a trademark, not a patent. About all it needs is to be is unique and actually used.

And it is registered
showfield

Took some pics today morning. Most of my snows have helmets now, and their markings are really starting to show. Heres a few pics of my babies..
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
754023=36249-helmet1.jpg
>
754023=36249-helmet1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="helmet1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
754023=36250-platinum.jpg
>
754023=36250-platinum.jpg
class="gc-images" title="platinum.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I am very very very intrested in a pair. I have 2 black clowns that bite me every time I put my hand in the tank and they bite my GBTA for some reason and I just want them out of my tank

Thanks guys.... My oldest batch now is about 6 weeks old. They have developed some awesome markings, and the black has already started to fill in like I was anticipating, unlike picassos or onyx clowns who develop their black as they grow over the first few years. These will be fully white with all their black filled in if things go the way they are.

I've got numerous requests for these guys. Unfortunatly they are still too small and delicate for any type of tank. They've got some growing to do. I'm thinking another 3 months or so. if my other clowns are anything to go by they should be around 1 to 1 1/2 inches long by then and ready for new homes.

Ill take some pics later tomorrow and post them as they finally gave me another day off from work ( prob cause its my bday :blush:)

I'm hoping for my bday that one of my other pairs of snowcassos will lay....sure looked like she was pregnant and ready to lay for the first time today. This is my most prized pair because of their markings...I'm hoping for some very prrrruty babies!!!!

heres some of my babies from today morning...
756536=36450-IMG_1830.jpg
>
756536=36450-IMG_1830.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_1830.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
fieldset>

Happy Birthday!
got some nice looking percs. It really is awesome watching these guys develop

well looks like my birthday wish came true. I was out most of the day yesterday and came home late. On looking in on my favorite pair this morning...EGGS!! .. theres only 20 or so of them but its their first clutch..

Heres a pic of them..
756710=36474-IMG_1866.jpg
>
756710=36474-IMG_1866.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_1866.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Wowza! I can see why they are your favorite!

When do your picassos hatch? normally 7-8 days, but my Ps are going 10-11 days

Congrats Jamie, those are nice looking clowns - and Happy (belated) Birthday!!!

That's awesome. I wish I had the space to get my breeding project started back up.

Love the pics

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Its about that time!!!! These guys are ready to roll!! Will be posting pics/ vids very soon. If you contacted me about wanting these before please pm me again..Its been a while and dont have those pms anymore...

Back