My Snowcassos laid!!

well its gonna have to wait till the next batch,, only around 20 eggs remaining.. male has eaten the rest.. :yuk:

Thanh386;708690 wrote: How long till I can add it to my clown collection.

PS I demand u sell to me before u do Jesse .

I'm Jesse, I do not support this message. :D

slayer;708947 wrote: well its gonna have to wait till the next batch,, only around 20 eggs remaining.. male has eaten the rest.. :yuk:

SOB!

How do you discipline a clownfish?

ok take 2 ....the pair laid again tonight.. i count around 70 eggs..still a small clutch. well see how long the male can stay away from eating the eggs.. I up'd their feeding and the eggs are nice and orange. hopefully i'll be able to get this clutch to hatch night next week. on a side note my snowflake pair finally stopped eating their young and will be hatching tonight.. it'll be my first attempt at snowflakes..it'll be interesting to see their markings form.

unlike most percs, my picassos developed the markings right away. Nice change. good luck!@

down to around 30 ish eggs... took some better pics.. also took a picture of another of my favorite snowcasso pair (3rd pic) they still need to get their act together and start laying..

im gonna let these guys go to... i'll give them the pratice they need this time around.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
713821=33949-IMG_0019.jpg
>
713821=33949-IMG_0019.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_0019.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
713821=33947-IMG_1354.jpg
>
713821=33947-IMG_1354.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_1354.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
713821=33948-IMG_1389.jpg
>
713821=33948-IMG_1389.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_1389.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

So half of the above batch hatched on day 7 and the other half on day 8. The male didnt eat the clutch and it was a welcome sign... The pair laid again 2 days ago, its a bigger clutch and so far they havent eaten any.. im guessing 80 or so eggs.. hatch night is this tuesday..
718408=34205-IMG_1609.jpg
>
718408=34205-IMG_1609.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_1609.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

What do you do with your fish when they're grown? i've been looking for some snowcassos for a long time :eek:

i havent had a succesful batch yet,, these guys just started to lay. my current batch should have hatched out on monday night, but a faulty air pump left me with the eggs covered in fungus by the morning.. waiting on the next batch.. on a side note my snowflakes laid a pretty decent clutch and they havent eaten them this time round. They're due to hatch on saturday.. so fingers crossed they'll be my first snowflake clowns..

Awww I hate it when that happens! My stuff is always breaking here. temp probes even now that it's freezing!
good luck with the snowflakes

james - yeap i ran out of pumps so i used one that i found but forgot it was one that has issues. :mad2:..it worked when i left for work that night, but came home to no flow and white eggs,, shame i had 30 or so that looked real viable

john - typically clowns have to be around the 2 yr mark to lay. But its more of a question of thier size as to when they will start to lay. Ive found the female needs to be pushing 3 inches or more in length before she starts laying. I know some breeders with males at 8 months old who have spawned. Its the female that really determines when the pair will get down to business.

heres a teaser pic of a pair ive been playing with that finally got their game plan together..(the platinum is hovering over his lastest nest)
721204=34315-IMG_1715[1].jpg
>
721204=34315-IMG_1715[1].jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_1715[1].jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I am guessing sale price "once you have success" will be pending upon a grade A grade B etc..etc?

john- shouldnt be too hard to pair the maroon, its one of the more aggresive clowns you can get. just keep them separated but where they can see each other.they'll eventually get used to each other and get along, then you can release the two together.

spud - you got it.. all depends on looks.. soooo superficial i know..

sid - as above...still a couple of months away from actually getting them to sellable size.. they've laid again and are due to hatch this monday, but im out of town so wont be able to hatch this time round..

Back