my stock list??

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
ok guy this is what i want in my tank when its done cycling need to know if it is ok or will they not be cool? ok clown fish, purple tang, blue hippo tang, firefish, sixline, and a goby let me know what you think

firefish do much better as a pair. They swim side by side 24/7 its really neat.

I would not but two tangs in a small tank. And I would add the hippo last, as the are very fickle, and expensive (as you know I'm sure). I had to hand feed mine for the first week or two, and after any rockwork change, and I had to do the same. I know this may not be always the case, but they do have very unique personalities and care needed.

Quite a bioload for a 45, I would 86 the tangs, esp the hippo, come by and watch mine pace the 6' all day and you will know they need lots of swimming room, purples are fairly aggressive, what kind of goby, what kind of clown?

wow, I apologize for the poor grammar in the first post, but I hope you get the idea... :D

False Percula and maybe a Diamond goby and i was told i could do a tang or two for now but have to get a bigger tank but if its not good for them i want do it and i was told this by the folks at c bay and salt water city so not sure why they told me that but its cool i dont have to have them right now

DrNecropolis;174424 wrote: Quite a bioload for a 45, I would 86 the tangs, esp the hippo, come by and watch mine pace the 6' all day and you will know they need lots of swimming room, purples are fairly aggressive, what kind of goby, what kind of clown?
well my 45gal is 4'

Pair of clowns and the rest of your list seem reasonable, just have a nice skimmer and stay on top of water changes and you should be fine. Minus the tangs, of course..

-Ansley

I think the pair of clowns, goby, firefish(or pair of) and a sixline would be close to topping the bioload.. Maybe 1 or 2 other small fish

I think the list you posted is pretty sweet! I would love some firefish, but I need to gutter guard my overflow, still trying to get a dam dragon goby out of it.. Been there for 3 days.. :(

Ya nix the tangs.. How about a royal Gramma... A Jaw fish or two.... Some clown gobies... Maybe a pygmy angel... A neon Goby... Just to name a few. Of those sized fish, I would not put more then about 6 and add them slowly... You can not add all six fish at once without expecting some sort of spike. Also, are you going with a sump and a fuge?

Back