my stock list??

If you want a tang, go with a single yellow tang. BUT, you'll need to leave the aquascaping bare; leave plenty of swimming room for it.

Anthias are great fish, tough for a beginer though, so I would avoid them at first.

Wrasses are much easier than the anthias. They are very colourful too.

If you have a Hawkfish you can't have a shrimp, so if that is ok I would look at the Longnose or Flame.

Skriz;174489 wrote: If you want a tang, go with a single yellow tang. BUT, you'll need to leave the aquascaping bare; leave plenty of swimming room for it.

Anthias are great fish, tough for a beginer though, so I would avoid them at first.

Wrasses are much easier than the anthias. They are very colourful too.
I would look into the wrasses like Raj said. You could look into getting a pair that would add alot of color and movement. I just got a secreative wrasse and he is my favorite fish now.
I agree about staying away from the Anthias for now. They can be hard to get to start eating. I am having a hard time finding anything that my Sunburst will eat.
Just be warned that these are all considered jumpers if you have an open top.

jgilley84;174490 wrote: what about the other fish i said like the foxface and hawkfish?

A 45 is really too small for a foxface. I would suggest a 75 is the minimum.

check liveaquaria.com if a fish is on there that you want, read their suggestions carefully. They will usually say if they are inappropriate for certain applications or tanks. They do not have 100% of data, nor 100% of all fish available, but it is a very valuable resource when preparing for getting a new fish (at least to me).

I would take each and every fish on your *wish list* and google it. And I would acquire and introduce each one at a time with a reasonable amount of time in between each addition. After you've researched, start with the most peaceful fish and add the most aggressive last. Avoid impulse buys!!

Personal experience with some of your wish-fish:

flamehawk ~ I have one of these in a 90g (he lived in a 55g for several months) and mine happens to be fine with my crabs, snails and cleaner shrimp. I keep my tank fed though and I'm aware of the fact that this fish can *turn* at any time and decide my cleaner shrimp is a meal. It's a risk you take for keeping what, in my opinion, is a really cool fish.

six line wrasse - one of my first fish and I was so-so about him at the beginning. Now he's a favorite. He's extremely fat, wonderfully colorful and has moments of being downright playful. A secure top is a must for this guy. There have been many times I've heard him leave the water and hit the eggcrate covering. He really loves to swim fast laps near the surface during a full moon.

yellow tang - great burst of color and mine is terrific for keeping the tank 100% hair algae free. But I wouldn't put one of these in anything smaller than a 75g. Google them and see how many miles per day they swim in the wild and then think about that same fish being in a smaller tank. It's actually cruel.

other fish I have that I would recommend:

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1500+2672&pcatid=2672">banggai/kaudern cardinals</a>[/B] (but please buy tank-raised) ~ they spend a lot of time hovering in the water column and are okay in a tank your size.

[IMG]http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+23+66&pcatid=66">[B]bicolored blenny[/B]</a> - terrific personality. Needs a covered tank.

[IMG]http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1926+115&pcatid=115">[B]chromis[/B]</a> - you'd have room for a small school of 3 or 5. Colorful, inexpensive, peaceful and hardy. A great starter fish.

Good luck, and keep us posted on what you decide.

:)

ok guys the tangs are not in the ? anymore and the foxface is out to so maybe a pair of clowns and sixlines and firefish and a blenny maybe im not sure as i have a few more weeks before it will be done

jgilley84;174585 wrote: maybe a pair of clowns and sixlines and firefish and a blenny maybe im not sure as i have a few more weeks before it will be done

sixline - singular (don't put more than one in your tank) and be careful if you're considering other wrasses besides that guy. He won't get along with many of them.

It's great that you have time to do research and that you're asking a lot of questions. You're definitely getting off on the right foot.

Here's something else you might consider. Pick up a small tank/heater/filter (like a Wal-Mart 10g starter tank) and set up a Q/T. You can probably get a *sponge* from someone's sump to season the tank water. While you're waiting for your display tank to cycle, you could have your first fish in quarantine. A quarantine tank is something you'll want to invest in sooner or later anyway, so might as well get it now.

ok well the 10 gal is now taken by some fry i had to save out of my molly tank so it will be a few weeks before il have it free now

ok so know i know i cant put a tang in my tank or 2 sixlines and no foxface and i understand why so any one else want to help me out like what they started off with

Linda Lee;174588 wrote: sixline - singular (don't put more than one in your tank) and be careful if you're considering other wrasses besides that guy. He won't get along with many of them.

It's great that you have time to do research and that you're asking a lot of questions. You're definitely getting off on the right foot.

Here's something else you might consider. Pick up a small tank/heater/filter (like a Wal-Mart 10g starter tank) and set up a Q/T. You can probably get a *sponge* from someone's sump to season the tank water. While you're waiting for your display tank to cycle, you could have your first fish in quarantine. A quarantine tank is something you'll want to invest in sooner or later anyway, so might as well get it now.
+1. You are on a roll today Linda.
I setup 2 QTs myself so I could pickup two fish that I wanted from the sale this weekend. It has given me a chance to find out what my Sunburst Anthia will eat and enough time to findout that my Secreative Wrasse will eat anything while my new tank finishes cycling.

Dwarf Angel would be a good addition as long as you are not keeping SPS or Clams. They can pick at both.

Clown and 2 bangaii cardinals. Cardinals have a short life span, and are nearly endangered (see wikipedia :) )...but they are such cool fish to me.

LiveRock27;174621 wrote: +1. You are on a roll today Linda.
I setup 2 QTs myself so I could pickup two fish that I wanted from the sale this weekend. It has given me a chance to find out what my Sunburst Anthia will eat and enough time to findout that my Secreative Wrasse will eat anything while my new tank finishes cycling.

Dwarf Angel would be a good addition as long as you are not keeping SPS or Clams. They can pick at both.

ok i dont mean to sound dumb but what is a sps?

I had a 55g that I kept a pair of Clowns, Green Clown Goby, a pair of Neon Blue Gobies, Sixline Wrasse and a Coral Beauty Angel and they all did well. The clowns and gobies were introduced first, but not all at the same time. The Angel came a few months later and the Sixline was the last addition a month or two after the Angel.

Back