My tank finally has a stand!

My fiance now says everything else in the living room looks like crap now....so now I get to buy a new couch and make new tables :/

It started this way my wife at our house as well...

Got the tank and had to remodel the bedroom, then had to do the kids room. Then our bedroom needed a different floor put in. I noticed that when then flooring was purchased that she had bought enough finish the rest of the house. Then last night I noticed wains coating pulled up on her computer... ughh.

I meaning to ask, a long while ago, I pulled up your build thread and saw that you had used a pond spray foam in one of your rock structures. I was toying with doing something similar and wanted to get your feedback.

Oh, by the way... great looking tank, stand and canopy.

I ran into one big problem with the foam. It floats. I had to tie down the overflow covers I made to keep them from floating away. So be sure you use more rock than foam so it wont try to leave. Also make sure you get foam that is closed cell or it will break down over a few years.

After my crash a few years ago scrapped it all and redid everything with agrocrete (portland cement, sand and shells) I like it a lot better, but it can be a bit brittle so try to use eggcrate inside to reinforce larger pieces.

Whoa, that looks really good! And walnut is an awesome choice.

Looks amazing! I've been meaning to build a stand for my biocube but I'm afraid I'll have to build living room furniture to match.

Back