My updated Tank setup

oz

Market
Reaction score
So things are starting to wake back up after this past weekend's upgrade from the 125 to the 155 bowfront. I took a pic last night of the setup and will post more pictures if there's interest.

I swapped from a Gen X Mak 4 external to the Poseidon T4 and WOW, same size, same flow, NO sound and LESS heat transfer to the tank. FYI - I had to turn my heater up a bit to get back to 77 degrees!

Things in the tank now:

Yellow Tang
Red Sea Sailfin Tang
Sohal Tang
Blone Naso Tang
Black Clown
Koran Angel
Eibl Angel
Female Blue Throat Trigger
Dwarf Zebra Lion
Snow Flake Eel
2 Pajama Cardinals
3 yellow tipped damsels
Huge Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Coral Banded Shrimp
Large Britttlestar

Thanks to Sal and Mike for the help and Jin for the quiet pump.

Beautiful tank! One question. Did you ever consider what the sound waves from your speakers are doing to the inhabitants? I imagine the sunday NFL game and HD version of the Matrix sends them into a freenzy.

mid's and high's - direction sound and not an issue. the Velodyne sub in the corner = different story. I'm just not planning on having anything loud come through. I could raise the sub so the vibrations aren't going through the floor as much. I've also watched them while having the system on and they have not reacted in any way on or off.

**** I never thought of putting the tank under my plasma. Wish I would have saw this before I set my 75 back up. Looks GREAT!!!

I absolutely hate commercials, so now instead of changing channels - I watch the reef. :)

but if the plasma falls................................

also did you dose the tank with cyonide? you said "So things are starting to wake back up after this past weekend's upgrade" i doubt you did but i just thought it was funny.

hahaha - That TV is not going anywhere trust me. I'm 6'5" 250lbs and I could do pullups on that brace. :)

neh, everything was just irritated and pissed that I moved them this past Saturday to this new tank. They were holding a grudge.

i know. my dad and i tested a 27in tv wall mount and it held 150 and it was the cheap kind. in my house i have 3 tvs on the was 37in, 27,37in and a 60in lcd on a nice stand .

Chris, nice tank!

Did you just get the Naso? We talked about them when you came over...didn't know you already have one.

Hows that birdsnest doing?

What was that commercial where the man told his friend "throw it like your outside!"

Looking good Chris. It was good meeting yah. I'm glad the pump is working as advertised :).

Looks good Chris!!! The last time I saw that tank, it had some big *** eels in it.

Yeah, Sal hooked me up with an awesome Blonde Naso Tang - really nice big fish and he acclimated instantly.

Birdnest is at the top, chillin. :)

yeah I wouldnt be worried about the tv falling more than the humidity or salt air from it. In any event, looks awesome man!

Glass tops. :) Thanks. Let me know if your wavebox doesn't go. Great unit.

Back