Nano help!!!

CJD18

Market
Reaction score
Setting up a nano, does anybody have a handful of substrate and some live rock???

Aqueon 15 Column LED Aquarium Starter Kit

Sure. I've got a black substrate, a "Standard" crushed coral substrate and/or some live rock you can have. In fact, I could give you a few biospheres that have been in my tank for a few months. They're supposed to be able to pack in more bacteria than live rock. Let me know how I can help. Kinda bummed you're asking now, I just pulled a medium sized bag of matrix that I could have given you too.

Sure. I've got a black substrate, a "Standard" crushed coral substrate and/or some live rock you can have. In fact, I could give you a few biospheres that have been in my tank for a few months. They're supposed to be able to pack in more bacteria than live rock. Let me know how I can help. Kinda bummed you're asking now, I just pulled a medium sized bag of matrix that I could have given you too.

Is there a reason you removed the matrix? I've always had success with it and was planning on adding some to my 120 along with the marinepure block I currently have.

Iam on the fence either a nano/seashores or a pred tank

Iam on the fence either a nano/seashores or a pred tank

I had thought of that exact tank pictured for a dwarf lion, scorpion, or frogfish. I'd love to see pictures of the build as it progresses.

Is there a reason you removed the matrix? I've always had success with it and was planning on adding some to my 120 along with the marinepure block I currently have.

I started adding the little bioballs behind the live rock to take it's place. The Matrix was in a HOB filter but it got bumped in favor of some carbon. That meant I had a bag of matrix just sitting there and I wanted to get it out just so things looked better. I've also been removing some live rock and it's purpose was to help ease the transition. I love matrix and keep it in all of my systems, I just started running out of room so I pulled it. Plus, it was dirty and one of the things I like about Matrix is that it can be removed, cleaned and re-used.

I had thought of that exact tank pictured for a dwarf lion, scorpion, or frogfish. I'd love to see pictures of the build as it progresses.
Thinking about modding a hob filter to surface skim and possible uv option and load it with some bio-rings,, thoughts??

For me, I was thinking a canister like a fluval 206/306 so i could go inline on a heater. No sponges, matrix and carbon for the trays.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've been using one of Seachems "Tidal" brand HOB filters and it has a surface skim option. It works pretty good. Overall, I'm really happy with the unit and they make them in 3 different sizes (maybe 4 now?).

61OVsd7lNVL._SL1000_.jpg

Coralife 30G Marine Filter Protein Skimmer

Roll over image to zoom in

Coralife 30G Marine Filter Protein Skimmer

I thought about trying something like this:

With some other strips for supplement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wonder about black live rock, only color would be fish/coral??????????????

Not sure if the Fluval EVO 13.5g might be easier and cheaper??

Back