Need DIY Help in the kennesaw area

greggreenberg

Market
Reaction score
Il be moving to an apartment in kennesaw near the end of august and am looking for some help to combine my 2 current tanks together. I have a 30 jbj nano cube
2AAD99D0-8D03-4D0C-B64A-F697936094FE-1151-0000006AE79A0B60.jpg
alt="" /> which I would like to be my display. currently i have a MR1 reactor and a aqua max skimmer on my nano cube
96119E0A-739E-4032-9D2F-9234B724CDDC-1151-0000006AF47EACF3.jpg
alt="" />

I have a 30 gallon long I am currently using as a frag tank
989026F7-45AD-42CE-AF94-39AA90D84F99-1151-0000006B040C9F8E.jpg
alt="" />
I want to set this take up as a sump/refugium that will connect to my nano cube. I would need to find some way to separate the 30 gal by gluing acrylic or something.

I am also unsure about how to do plumbing on this set up as i have no prior experience with plumbing.

If anyone could help me set this up i would be very grateful.

Would probably need more info on the setup. Will the frag/sump be under/lower than the nano? I assume so. More than likely you'll want to drill the nano cube to allow plumbing an overflow. Depending on the dimensions of the sump it may be easy to find baffles to install/silicone in. There are lots of build threads like this if you search on google.

If you can not drill the nano you could try a hang on the back overflow. CPR makes one that is slim and works best with an Aqualifter pump to pull out air to ensure that the siphon keeps going.
Drilling is the best option but not the only one.

I'm not sure if the back of the tank is acrylic or glass, but if its acrylic then it can easily be drilled with a core drill bit. Depending on when you plan to move your tanks, I may be able to help you out sometime in the late afternoon on the weekend. Plumping is pretty easy and straight forward.

Back of the tank is glass I believe. The sump/frag tank will be about the same level as the nano cube I believe. I am gone check out the overflow. But still not sure how I would set up the 30 gallon (not the nano cube)

Back