Need help finding a part for a fixture

johnr2604

Market
Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm helping Kelsey with a fixture. I am looking for a T5 endcap that is a push on. Not the regular twist and lock ones but one that actually just plugs onto the terminals of the bulb. I have found them online but every place is in the UK. Anybody know where to sorce these local or even the US?

Countdown to when Jenn chimes in...

Who's the manufacturer? Might start with them.

(It was 8 minutes - but that's because I'm doing a few things at once here... LOL)

:lol:

JennM;449997 wrote: (It was 8 minutes - but that's because I'm doing a few things at once here... LOL)

:lol:

I think if most businesses had a response time of 8min and acted like they actually want customers then the economy would be in better shape.

I figured you were doing something, slacker!

LOL well I'm at home... usually not that quick if I'm in the shop with a customer(s).

After all, it's my day "off"... so I went in to the shop for 3 1/2 hours, met up with a customer, placed 4 orders....

Working on my website now - needs more content...

Meanwhile, waiting for OP to respond on what brand of fixture! :)

Jenn

au01st;449995 wrote: Countdown to when Jenn chimes in...

Who's the manufacturer? Might start with them.
LOL, I wish I knew. Its not on it anywhere and the fixture is riveted closed. I might grab some pics. It would be nice to Know. Don't want to drill the rivets unless I have to.

Doesn't ring a bell with me, just on that. Every fixture I've dealt with had screws so one could take it apart to clean/repair etc.

Where did the fixture come from? Perhaps original owner might know (I'm assuming it's used...)

Makes me wonder that if that style is only available in the UK, it might be a safety standards thing?

Jenn

If you are just needing a "tombstone" T5 socket, check with E. Sam Jones on Atlanta Rd. Just remember, they are not waterproof.

OK, here are some pics. I have no idea what brand this fixture. According to Kelsey there is a controller attached that the wires have been cut for. I have only seen the ends on European sites so far. It leads me to believe it might be a giesemann or something. Anyway here are the pics. The first pic is the style end I'm looking for. Any other info on it would be good. This came out of her work so she dosn't know where it came from.

Picture599.jpg
alt="" />

Picture597.jpg
alt="" />

Picture595.jpg
alt="" />

Schwaggs;450106 wrote: How about these? http://www.dtpetsupplies.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=7822">http://www.dtpetsupplies.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=7822</a>[/QUOTE] I might be able to retro that.

I finally did get into the fixture. Still don't know who made the fixture. It does have 8 workhorse 5 ballast on 8 5ft bulbs so It appears to be over driven. actually a nice fixture if it wasn't in such disrepair.

instead of matching unknown endcaps, why not just replace them with new moisture resistant caps?

I could swear I read about a T5 fixture with those kind of caps from Odysea...Almost positive...may want to give their distributor here in the states a call...

It would really surprise me if its an oddysea given that they are using workhorse ballast and the quality of the fixture. I will give them a call though and see if they can get me the odd end caps.

Back