Need help moving a tank !!

mufret

Market
Reaction score
For anyone that will be around after Thanksgiving, I need help moving a tank. I recently purchased Chris' 300g tank and need to get it out of his way. I'm looking to do this sometime over the weekend (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) and will need to pick up the tank in Roswell and move it about 15 miles to Canton. Just let me know when it would be convenient for you. I have some suction cups and looking to get a few more to make this as easy as possible (if you have some of the suction cups that I could borrow or know someone that has some, please let me know). Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Mike

unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend. If plans change which they may I'll let you know.

If you need suction cups, marine design has 4 of the heavy-duty ones he rents out.

I have in-laws in town but might be able to break away for a bit I would most likely be that Sunday. I live in the NW corner of Forsyth.

Mike,

Call me when you plan to do it and I'll do what I can (family is in town from Missouri, but leaving on Saturday).

Jon

Mike,

Call me when you know when this will happen. I should be available, if given notice (have strong back too!).

Bill

I looked it up and one of these bad boys weighs around 1,000 lbs. Plus they are bulky. So, I'm thinking we need at least 8 strong men. That will put the average load at 125 lb's. each

FWIW-
Mike is a great guy, and has done much for this club in the past. Please consider showing a little love for his 'new' tank by volunteering to help.

Thanks-

Thanks guys!

It's looking like it will most likely be Saturday or Sunday, based on the responses. It is a heavy one but the suction cups are a BIG help. Currently, I have 5 (thanks Robb) but hoping to have a few more by the time we start the move.

I owe you one for fixing my skimmer cup, so I am there. I will need directions again though.

im new around here but im free sunday to help out. pm me if you need me

If it's on Sunday afternoon, and someone in the Suwanee/Lawrenceville/Duluth area is going and can give me a ride, count me in. I'll be out of town for work until Sunday morning unfortunately :(.

Thanks again everyone!

I will PM everyone with the address and a phone number as we get closer to the weekend.

The plan was set to move this on Sunday but with an 80% chance of rain now, we're looking to try and move it on Saturday. Some of the folks that committed to help, can't do it on Saturday so I wanted to see if there might be a few more folks out there that have a couple of hours to spare tomorrow around 2PM. Please PM me or post in this thread and I will contact you with the particulars. Thanks !!, Mike

Keep me posted mufret. My plans may free up last minute. If I can make it I will.

rdnelson99;707408 wrote: Keep me posted mufret. My plans may free up last minute. If I can make it I will.

We'll be meeting at my house at 1:30. Call me if you're able to make it. Thanks, Mike

Back