Need help plz

reefstinger

Market
Reaction score
ok I have done water changes ever week now because my skimmer has been out for a month n half, WERE can I purchase , just the pump and pinwheel assembly for old SWC 300 300/400/500 gallon old model skimmer body, it has a 1-1/4 in gray male thread end on the pump and a female coupler coming off the skimmer body. I need the whole skimmer motor/pinwheel assembly. any help will be greatly appreciated. I posted another thread a month ago with PHOTOS

a>have you talked to these guys

well , just called them and was told they don't sell just pumps, they only sell the complete skimmers. CRAP

Well I guess this means I will have to spend 1000 bucks for a new skimmer body with the pump. Sure is a waste to have that big SWC body laying around

Check out a bubble blaster pump. It may take a little mod to hook up but i'm sure it can be done.

reefstinger;1076428 wrote: Well I guess this means I will have to spend 1000 bucks for a new skimmer body with the pump. Sure is a waste to have that big SWC body laying around

That's crazy, how old is it?
They still sell similar skimmers yet won't support parts to there old products? I wouldn't buy another one of their products that's for sure! Who does that!!!

I'd call back, ask about what options they suggest like what Dave mentioned...

I agree
Just look into another pump
When it comes down to it the pump REALLY does make the skimmer

So, from what I'm reading on the web, there were several skimmers that were modeled identically to the SWC, but had a different name (think Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis), one of which being the Octopus Extreme, which I replaced the pump on a while back.

I'm assuming you have the Sicce PSK-2500 pump on it now.

My pump failed a while back on my OE and I replaced it with a Bubble Blaster 2000 IIRC.

If your pump is a PSK-2500, the Bubble Blaster while hook right up, although the dimensions on the BB are a little different, so check your clearances.

jbadd99;1076493 wrote: So, from what I'm reading on the web, there were several skimmers that were modeled identically to the SWC, but had a different name (think Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis), one of which being the Octopus Extreme, which I replaced the pump on a while back.

I'm assuming you have the Sicce PSK-2500 pump on it now.

My pump failed a while back on my OE and I replaced it with a Bubble Blaster 2000 IIRC.

If your pump is a PSK-2500, the Bubble Blaster while hook right up, although the dimensions on the BB are a little different, so check your clearances.

Jbadd, My skimmer was swc300 model it has a ASKOLL 1500 GPH motor block with Pinwheel assembly, So I need at least 1500 GPH . Who sells the psk2500. I have a 1-1/4 outlet with the female gray coupler coming off the body, the Motor/pinwheel votex assembly had a 1-/4 gray male pipe coming off of the right side hooked up to the skimmer coupler

this is what I need replaced , see photos rated 300/400/500 light/medium/heavy load or just the completed impeller assembly, motor block is good

1076534=66815-Stinger Photo.jpg
>
1076534=66815-Stinger Photo.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Stinger Photo.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

1076534=66816-Stinger Photo-4.jpg
>
1076534=66816-Stinger Photo-4.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Stinger Photo-4.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

1076534=66817-Stinger Photo-7.jpg
>
1076534=66817-Stinger Photo-7.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Stinger Photo-7.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

Single pump only

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the "1500" rating with a normal impeller? I haven't seen a pinwheel rated that high. That's also why a lot of the tall skimmers, 4-6 foot plus, run 2 pumps.

From the little searching I did it looks like a Bubble Blaster 5000 would work for you with a little modding.

anit77;1076576 wrote: Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the "1500" rating with a normal impeller? I haven't seen a pinwheel rated that high. That's also why a lot of the tall skimmers, 4-6 foot plus, run 2 pumps.

From the little searching I did it looks like a Bubble Blaster 5000 would work for you with a little modding.

I will check it out, thanks

Now this is confusing?? the BB 5000 is only 849 cfm , my skimmer motor is a laguna 1500 powerjet,100w , so is 1500 = 1500 GPH or cfm?? so wth do I need to hook to my SWC 300/400/500 skimmer body???

just got off the phone with aquacave sales man, he didn't have a clue which bubble blaster skimmer pump would work on my SWC skimmer

Just compare the size of your skimmer with a reef octopus of the approximate same size and go with that. I can't believe that swc will not sell you one. Did they say why?

reefstinger;1076593 wrote: Now this is confusing?? the BB 5000 is only 849 cfm , my skimmer motor is a laguna 1500 powerjet,100w , so is 1500 = 1500 GPH or cfm?? so wth do I need to hook to my SWC 300/400/500 skimmer body???
The 1500 is simply a description of the motor blocks rating when used as a water pump not skimmer pump.

grouper therapy;1076605 wrote: The 1500 is simply a description of the motor blocks rating when used as a water pump not skimmer pump.

Im thinking mine is a 90SCFM or 105 Scfm , but trying to get the correct one is just a guess?? I've searched OEM replacements and others. The guy at Aquacave just seemed to shun me away. Looking at Bubble Blasters and red dragons, and maybe the Sicci

Back