Need help with my Torch Coral

AlexATL77

Supporting
Reaction score
Need help! My torch coral has started the curl up its polyps over the past couple of months. I test water weekly which has been pretty stable:

Alk 9.3
Ammonia 0.0
Calcium 476
Mag 1290
Nitrate 24
Nitrite 0.0
Ph 8.17
Phosphate 0.06
Salinity 1.025

Last week I have moved it down to the sand to see whether it has been too much light far up in the tank. No difference so far. In the first picture you will see what it looked like two moths ago.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks,
Alex

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9050.jpg
    IMG_9050.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 27
I only have one torch... so I am no expert. Only thing I can think.... My Mg is 1450. Mine gets more flow than anything else in my tank... PO4 from .08-.15. Mine is seeing around 160 par mid height in tank..

Mine has gotten much larger in the last 6 months...

pH is a tad low as is Mg. Mine get medium to high flow and are from the middle to top of the tank. Not sure what the PAR is but I would guess minimum of 125 or so. I think your NO3 and PO4 look okay. Not an expert by any means just sharing how your water differs from mine and my own torch environment.

pH is a tad low as is Mg. Mine get medium to high flow and are from the middle to top of the tank. Not sure what the PAR is but I would guess minimum of 125 or so. I think your NO3 and PO4 look okay. Not an expert by any means just sharing how your water differs from mine and my own torch environment.
Thanks. I've had the torch at around 180 PAR, now moved it down to let it adjust, that's if light is the issue. Will work on raising magnesium.

I am not sure those parameters are the issue. My torch tolerates a lot of fluctuation. Mine loves flow, it loves being blown around. And moderate lighting. But the main thing I have learned is it is best to move a piece around and see how it likes certain areas before getting out the super glue.

Back