need help

mapleredta

Market
Reaction score
which would be a better pump to use the maxi-jet or a mag 5? (its for my aqua c HOB skimmer)

mag5 might be too much for it. You could try it and see if it can handle the power, if not the mj1200 is a great pump with very little heat given off.

tank.jpg
alt="" />
im pretty sure that i have a maxi on it. does this look like a maxi jet?

yup sure does. Doesnt mean its a 1200 tho. Should say on the pump somewhere.

its always good to clean powerheads too just to make sure they are performing correctly. You can soak it for a bit in distilled white vinegar, found cheaply at your locl supermarket. Open the bottom part of the powerhead, take out the impeller, make sure its all nice and clean. All the coraline and other mess should come off and you'll be able to tell.

I though a Mag 5 was for a sump return pump or something of that nature...... I have the Aqua C Remora, it uses the Maxi-Jet 1200, and it bubbles a little too much at times....... It's plenty strong for the application. Seems like a Mag 5 would be likened to a "Foam Party" at BackStreets..... But thats another topic

I know they can have MAG3's. But thats for the remora pro, they are larger units. They "might" be able to handle a MAG5, but it might be a waste of energy and too much heat for the good.

Back