Need ID

radha

Market
Reaction score
Ok, so I got it with my tank. Morph perhaps??
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
349681=17149-IMG_2568.jpg
>
349681=17149-IMG_2568.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_2568.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Maybe a cross between this zoa called an "alien acne" and something else. But I don't have any alien acne in my tank.....
index.php

Ok. Does anyone else know, or think they know, or think they have something close. If not, is it safe to assume this is a morph??

That's it?? I just searched brown paly, and it doesn't really look like what I have....

If you or the previous owner didn't pay for it under another name then that's all it is. Giving it a name of something it looks like won't make it the same. That's the trouble with names, a subject that's been discussed at length in other threads. After all, what's in a name? If it looks good to you, then what does it matter?

I guess your right. It does look good, if I do say so myself. :) I <u>might</u> frag it soon, it's growing lots, if I do, I will surely bring it here to sell to the ARC.
Thanks!

I like my green palys. Grow like weeds. Check the back right of this pic. That started as one paly about 2 1/2 months ago, and they look the same as the ones you posted in your thread.

Sorry to thread jack.

ArmyMen.jpg
alt="" />

You're not thread jacking at all! I love to see what other people have. It's a learning experience to me.

I have the same green palys! Except, they don't glow green. Only under the moonlight. They need a blue light to glow green, and I have a white medal halide.

Ya. I'd like to get some actinics to go along with the metal halide (I really can't put t-5's on with my metal halide, and I can't have the t-5's alone, it will not be enough light for the clam and other inhabitants) so I wanted to add some blue to the tank. The way my canopy is set up now, though, I can't put anything on it (it was a second hand tank, with a homemade canopy). So I have to make another canopy (don't wanna buy one).

radha;349786 wrote: Ya. I'd like to get some actinics to go along with the metal halide (I really can't put t-5's on with my metal halide, and I can't have the t-5's alone, it will not be enough light for the clam and other inhabitants) so I wanted to add some blue to the tank. The way my canopy is set up now, though, I can't put anything on it (it was a second hand tank, with a homemade canopy). So I have to make another canopy (don't wanna buy one).

FYI, with the right T-5s and reflectors, you can keep ANYTHING happy in your tank. Sorry, Derek, I didn't mean to steal your thunder!:D

Who told you T5 wouldn't be enough for a clam? I have one a few inches above the bottom of my sandbed under my T5s and he's "happy as a clam", 2 new layers since January, good color, good reaction to shadows, and a nice white line around the new edges of his shell under his mantle.

And you can use T5 for actinic supplement with MH, or even VHO.

Ya, but I have a mixed reef. Will that work?? The person who sold me my tank (I got all the livestock and everything from him) the clam couldn't survive in such little light. And he said some other corals couldn't either.

radha;349806 wrote: Ya, but I have a mixed reef. Will that work?? The person who sold me my tank (I got all the livestock and everything from him) the clam couldn't survive in such little light. And he said some other corals couldn't either.

Hogwash! Like I said, with the right T5s (bulbs, reflectors, etc) you can keep ANYTHING happy in your tank.

radha;349829 wrote: Ok. Is it hard to mantain this stuff?? How much would it be?

I wouldn't really say it's "hard" to maintain. The cost is about the same as MH, maybe even a little more if you have say, an 8 bulb fixture. The bulbs are usually around $20 a piece and need to be changed out every 12-14 months (more if you overdrive them). The benefit is, they are much cheaper to run (I think). Of course, you lose the all too "important" shimmer effect until one of us here figures out how to reproduce it with supplemental LEDs.

I don't know if I'm ready to take that on. I don't have the right canopy, I have to buy it. Then $160 for the lightbulbs, and replacing them every year is a pain. Nooooo thank you, I'd rather keep my halide with some actinics, or even get a blue halide.

Back