Need Ideas

gclackum

Supporting
Reaction score
I have A red coris wrasse that is a beautiful fish. However he loves to eat clams and terrorize any other smaller wrasse. I need to remove him from my tank. I need Ideas on how to catch him.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
106091=6555-Going through the Change.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
106091=6555-Going through the Change.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Going through the Change.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

you can use a fish trap and scince he likes clams you can buy some from store and feed to him not in the trap use clams we eat not cap bay clams lol

Coblerx made a DIY fish trap. Maybe he can post you a pic. What it is , is a plastic juice bottle. Cut the spout off to make a bigger opening and drill holes all over it and put a string on there to lift it out of your tank. Put the fish food in the bottle and wait and when you see the wrasse go in just pull the bottle out and the water will drain out of the little holes and the fish will stay in.

I have a fish trap and you are welcome to borrow it. This trap thing comes up often enough maybe the club outta buy a couple and have them as loaners. Just a thought.

I've had good luck by waiting until the middle of the night, then blinding the fish with a very bright flashlight. Makes netting much easier.

I net'd my coral beauty fairly easy by leaving the net in the tank for about an hour, then I put some food in the net. Angel came to eat and was quickly caught.

I suppose a trap would have been easier.

If I come catch him can I have em? Im looking for a coris wrasse.

Back