need some help

tpate77

Market
Reaction score
I just turned my lights back on a regular basic after getting my system up and running again nice and clean now I have diatoms and extremely cloudy water I would like to know what is the best way to clear this up other and lowering light run time and water changes

Sounds like you recently added new sand....is that the case?

No I have had the light day time hours low due to no coral in take added coral and lights are running longer now I have a hair algae or diatom bloom going on I think I have led lights on my system added some more fish feeding more also

Live rock, protein skimmer not running any reactors or anything yet

What size system, tank and sump? How is your flow? Is your skimmer keeping up with your bio-load?

Any pictures you could post?

Let's start at the beginning.. tell us more about your tank - size/occupants, how long the system has been up and running... and most importantly - parameters.

Algae needs light and nutrients to grow. Light is only half the equation. If you are getting excessive algae growth, you may have a water quality issue.

Post some more information - especially if you say the water is turbid, you may have several things going on there.

Jenn

Back