Need some ideas for a good return pump

I am following this thread since I am looking to buy a new DC pump that works with my Apex that has not yet been setup. Is the DC6000 Apex Ready waveline any good

After researching pumps, I went with the jebao dct15000 since I have two returns. Now I need to decide if I'll use pvc pipe or flexible pvc. I ran pvc pipe on my 175 in the past but I hate the hassle of cutting and glueing pipes. But then again I don't like the thought of a hose clamp coming loose and leaking.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size drain hose should I use with this jebao? I wanna make sure Im draining this tank at a decent rate.

I think the previous owner had a 1" for the return? That sound about right?

carey1465;1099849 wrote: What size drain hose should I use with this jebao? I wanna make sure Im draining this tank at a decent rate.

I think the previous owner had a 1" for the return? That sound about right?

Typically 1" is the standard size for drains and 3/4" is the standard size for returns. Obviously you can go bigger, but in my experience once you go larger then 1" you tend to get a lot of water noise inside of the pipes.

aXio;1099895 wrote: Typically 1" is the standard size for drains and 3/4" is the standard size for returns. Obviously you can go bigger, but in my experience once you go larger then 1" you tend to get a lot of water noise inside of the pipes.

I called Bulk reef supply this evening and they told me to go with the 1" drain since the Trigger ruby 36E sump has a 1" slip fitting. Only issue I have now is the durso standpipe has a 1.25" end and I need to reduce it to a 1". I'm hoping Lowes or Home Depot will have a reducer. Any other suggestion on how I can get this to work?

a>

J.B.;1099974 wrote: https://www.lowes.com/pd/LASCO-1-1-4-in-Dia-x-1-in-Dia-PVC-Sch-40-Bushing/3371592">Lowes 1-1/4-in x 1-in PVC Busing</a>[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

Here's an update--- I received the jebao DCT15000 yesterday and I must say I'm pretty impressed with this pump. It's a nice to be able to slow the pump instead of having it run wide open all the time.

Back