Need some one to check my wire job icecap660

markl

Market
Reaction score
i fried the last one because i wired it wrong. New one came today. I just want to make sure its wired right.Any one on the west side ever wire a 660 ballast. my wire is already pre wired just have to oplug the ballast in.

MarkL;574592 wrote: i fried the last one because i wired it wrong. New one came today. I just want to make sure its wired right.Any one on the west side ever wire a 660 ballast. my wire is already pre wired just have to oplug the ballast in.

There should be a diagram on the top of the ballast. Double / triple check yourself against that, and you should be good to go.

mojo;574687 wrote: There should be a diagram on the top of the ballast. Double / triple check yourself against that, and you should be good to go.

I thought I did it right last time..:doh: My office is off 285 and 400 if any one in the area can double check it.I would like to come by tomorrow. Im having a party this weekend and would like to have the other 4 bulbs going. Im not much of an electrician.

oh well couldnt get any help . going to try this again tonight. hope it goes well.

I totally suck.I tried again and failed. I dont think I burnt this one up because the fuse is still good. If any can help it would be great.I'll drive to you. I could even bring a purple digitata and a green digitata and a sps I think its an encrusting green spongatas or some thing like that its bigger then a racketball maybe baseball size. two bulbs flashed for a second and turned off 2 bulbs did nothing. Last time i took every part apart out and started over and copied the wiring on the 4 t5s that do work.I dont know what else to do .If some one is an electrician and would rathered be paid to fix this let me know a price.This making me wish I would have did metal halides.

I'd offer to help, but my extra time is extremely limited right now.

Is there any way you can lay everything out and take some pictures? It's also possible you have a bad bulb. The two bulbs that fired for a second are probably good and wired correctly. The other two may have a bad connection - either wiring to the endcap or the endcap itself.

Halides can sometimes be as frustrating... wiring is simpler, but they don't always fire...

Big thanks to Rockdog. I met him after 12:00 am few weeks ago to fix my problem. We met at his job and burr it was cold outside. Thanks Jason its great to have people thats willing to help out other reefers.

what was the problem? (what did you change to get it working properly?)

Back