Need some quality food?

curator

Market
Reaction score
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-size: 15px;">I went to Whole Paycheck...oops, I mean Whole Foods last evening and drove the guy at the seafood counter crazy getting one or tow of several items...such as two scallops that cost $5.23!!!!!</span>
<span style="color: black;"> </span>
<span style="color: black;">As usual, I got a bit carried away and after running in through the blender, I realized there was enough to last me more than a year!</span>
<span style="color: black;">It is a mix (very roughly equal proportions) of fresh wild-caught shrimp, scallops, squid tentacles and grouper.</span>
<span style="color: black;">I was tempted to say "to hell with the critters...I'll add some eggs, breadcrumbs, butter and seasoning and make some killer croquettes!"</span>
<span style="color: black;">I froze the mix in an ice cube tray. If you'd like some, let me know. Trades would be nice, but not necessary.</span>
</span>

<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman';">John</span></span>

That was the cost of two scallops...yikes! The total for the whole batch was about $16.

No a bad price. I buy the frozen uncooked seafood at Publix for around $5 a bag. Freah is always better, even though it was definitely frozen at one time or another then thawed.

I stumbled across that same stuff at Publix the other day. Good mix of shrimp, squid, octopus, clams and mussles. Decent sized bag dirt cheap!

I buy frozen mixed seafood and Nori at Super H Mart for cheap and suppliment it with other foods--one batch usually lasts me a few months.

The frozen stuff usually contains a lot of phosphates so be careful with that.

Back