Need suggestions with powerhead placement for 60 gallon shallow

write2bfree

Market
Reaction score
Hello all! I've been trying to get the flow right in my 60 gallon shallow from deep blue and I'm not sure if I have too many powerheads in the tank or I'm lacking powerheads. I tried googling but couldn't find anything so I thought I ask the experts.

Brief background information on tank:

1. SPS dominant
2. 48" length x 24" width x 12" height
3. Took a picture of the tank (still setting up things like a sump so excuse the mess inside my tank) and circled where the powerheads (Jebao RW-4 x2 and Hydor koralia nano x 1) are in red

Thank you!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Looking good Zach!
I have the same size tank and use 3 powerheads aswell. 1 on each end and about centered on the glass(or you could offset to create more flow in different areas). And one on the back glass about halfway or so, and placed behind the rock work to keep from having stagnant water inside the rocks

LSU_fishFan;1054278 wrote: Looking good Zach!
I have the same size tank and use 3 powerheads aswell. 1 on each end and about centered on the glass(or you could offset to create more flow in different areas). And one on the back glass about halfway or so, and placed behind the rock work to keep from having stagnant water inside the rocks
Thanks luke. Hope you and your family are well!!! We shall catch up soon buddy!

Back