Need Sump with Pump

gpenley

Market
Reaction score
I am looking for a sump for my saltwater tank to place in cabinet stand under my tank. My tank is 45 gallon hexagon shaped. I don't have a sump and want to add one to lower nitrate level and improve water. The sump can be up to 10" wide, 24" inches long and 24" high. I want to put good skimmer in it, sand, rock and greenery.

Anyone have one to sell or recommend where I may find one?
:roll:

If you could squeeze a 20 gallon long under there that would probably be easiest, but it is a bit over 12" wide. You could also just get a rubbermaid container and throw under there. You aren't going to have to worry much about bowing and such since your water volume in the sump won't be much.

I had the same problem with my 55G... the only two sized tanks that can fit under there is a 10G and a 15G high! The normal 15g will not fit. Finding a 15G high is not easy but I have seen them at like Petco and such. You can also do 2 10's or 15's side by side with a bulkhead connecting them. That is what I have done (1 is a sump and the other is a fuge!). Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I have never had or buit a sump. If i just bought a rubbermaid container, what pumps and other materials would I need to buy to complete the build?

Thanks for the info. I have never had or built a sump. What other physical equiment would I need to complete the build with 2 10 gallon tanks side by side. What size/power pumps and other physicial needs would I have to buy. SInce you have same size tank I thought you might know what else and sizes/powers I would need. I assume two pumps, one in and one out, a biukhead container and .............?

thanks,

Back