New 300G sump and fish room underway

washowi wrote:

This baby will be self sufficent, Turn a few valves and do 100 gallon water changes in minutes!

That will be the part you love the best!! So much easier keeping up with the when it takes a few minutes rather then a major exercise!

As of today!!! it is up and running!!!!

Wow...glad that is done....now just tweak everything for the next few days and adjust EVERYTHING!!

Thanks Simon for helping today.

Looks a bit ugly and hap hazard at the moment....don't want you guys to see it in it's current state.

cause the skimmer is not up and running (has not been running for 5 months) see you don't need one....the Ca Reactor is not either. The chiller isn't chill'in at the moment..need to find an HVAC dude to look at it. But I am running my sht--y 1/10 Current at the moment.

Hoses and wires aren't in final locations....

I am circulating H2O thats about it....but it looks so nice under my tank now....only light ballasts and Tunze controllers...
wow!

Todd,
Do you have before and after shots of under your tank.
It really came together yesterday. Congrats dude. I hope you enjoy your new easy to maintain system.

OK hear are some pictures of the beast in action..Remember it is not 100% yet but it's doing great! So far...the leak has slowed down between the cells..

other than that, get the other systems up and running this week..I hope it's 100% by Monday.

Sump005.jpg
alt="" />

Sump003.jpg
alt="" />

Sump001.jpg
alt="" />

Looking good.Glad to see it with some water running thru it.Now that it is up and running,have you noticed anything you would change about the design of it? What is the smaller section on the left for(Fresh RO?).

Correct RO top off that will be controlled with the Tunze Osmolator..

Only thing I would do different..make 5 times bigger..!!

As requested by Simon..

I can actually put fish food underneath the tank now.

Sump006.jpg
alt="" />

Todds Sump room is almost complete. Protein Skimmer is now operational (six months in the making). The Chiller is now in its correct place and cabling is nicely tucked away. His fishtank is looking awesome, I love the color.

Definitely an improvement on the 30Gallon thing he had before.

Now water changes can be performed by a touch of a button and a turn of a valve. I wonder where he got that idea from ;-)

Your perseverance is a testament to your success. Keep up the good work.

Congrats.

Very very nice, Todd, I hope I get an opportunity to see it and the display some day, and I def. know who's help I'll be enlisting if I ever ned to engineer something that size, even if I have to bribe you with cigars or something :D

I'd add rep points to Simon and yourself on the strength of the project itself, but you guys have rep turned off, so you'll have to take plain' ol' praise instead.

Yep Siege I turned it off cause people don't like what I say about frags and selling them...I was getting hit with negative feedback daily...Shows ya how childish some of our fellow reefers are around here.

I don't need rep points....I could care less what people think of me or my thoughts on this hobby....I have some very close friends in this hobby, and I only care what they think about me. And we say what we feel to our faces!! Not hide behind the computer.

I thank you for the written rep though!! I will add you to our circle of friends.:) You are more than welcome to visit the Washowich Aquarium at any time...Our hours are 10 AM to 5 PM daily..

Admission is one Cohiba!

As for Mr. Kruger....as always, I am humbled and honored to have a friend like him and hope our passions for this hobby take it to the next level...

We hate doing what everyone else does...:)

The 175w MH is now installed over the sump...fully functional and the tank now ready to start growing frags....Macro algae is now in place....All systems are now 100% and running on auto pilot.

I need a Cohiba.

here it is

Sump010.jpg
alt="" />

Hey Todd! I must say it looks really nice under your display. Definitely a lot safer.:yes: Glad to see you are finally putting it to use. I just finished a few sump designs. Now all I need to do is confirm my thoughts with the manufacturer and order it.

Mike

Mike I am glad to see ya finally making the move....and that short ya saw when you were here watching the tank..Sure as hell the power strip was fried.

Still have no idea how it ran when one side of the outlet was fried.

Can't wait to see what you get going.

Back