New AI light strip

I'm in the process of swapping out the drivers on my Orphek bars so I can dim them with the Apex. I love the extra pop and spread from the bars, but they are too much blue as I dim down the Noopsyches in the evening. I have all the parts, just need to connect them up.

Brs is also dropping a few new light testing videos with these in it. So we shall see
I can’t in good faith listen to anything BRS says, esp when the VC owns BRS/AI/Ecotech/Neptune, etc.

Take those reviews with a glass half empty approach. Hopefully there will be some real truthful and honest reviews out there in a year with proper time to test them. Let us know if you pick them up for your tank. Would like to see what you think.

I agree, BRS can not be trusted on lighting recommendations, everything they put out is an ad not an investigation.

Literally every LED on the market can burn your corals, there is no longer any reason to use par as a measure of lights.

Overall coverage without hot spots is what you really want, this is why the "bar" style leds are becoming more popular. There are MANY options that will all work. Personally I see no reason to be the first to try something out just because its new. Especially now when "new" stuff comes out just because its has not been new in a year.

I'd want to use 3-5 of these to make a panel which is where I'd find them attractive with the control, however it's going to take some convincing that the price on these is anywhere near worth it to cover a 48"+ tank. The look is pretty sleek though.

1673021780099.png

Back