New Aquascaping

weaglereefer

Market
Reaction score
Redid the rockwork today to allow more flow on the back wall, provide more nooks/crannies/caves for fish to hide in, and to allow more spots for frags.

Let me know what you think.

Old:
WholeTankShot.jpg
alt="" />

New:
FTS12-22.jpg
alt="" />

au01st;261927 wrote: Redid the rockwork today to allow more flow on the back wall, provide more nooks/crannies/caves for fish to hide in, and to allow more spots for frags.

Let me know what you think.

Old:
WholeTankShot.jpg
alt="" />

New:
FTS12-22.jpg
alt="" />

It's cool. I would add more LR.

Yeah, I was initially planning to make the entire back wall rock, but it was very cost prohibitive, there was no circulation back there, and the fish seemed to only stay on the right side of the tank. The new set up is off the back wall so there is sand all along the back and excellent flow. The fish seem more active, swimming right up along the front of the tank and in/out of the arches. Both the cleaner and coral banded shrimp have their own perches on opposite ends, which they're using, and most importantly, I just like this look better, lol. It looks like a piece of the reef where as the other setup looked like a pile of rocks. I'm still planning to get some of those rock pieces that are held by magnets to the back of the tank to create ledges.

Back