new fish store in the works

wjake

Market
Reaction score
hey, finally looking to start a new fish store in the area... looking for all the help i can get any equipment you guys have that would be sufficent for commercial use (please no beatup stuff that half works) would be great...
as the details unfold i will share them (ie location in atlanta, and specs about the store) it should be fun to kind of keep a blog on here about the progress of the store as it is designed and built leading up to the grand opening.... and of course you are all invited :)

so any equipment please let me know--

hey, finally looking to start a new fish store in the area...
as the details unfold i will share them (ie location in atlanta, and specs about the store etc as time progresses) it should be fun to kind of keep a blog on here about the progress of the store as it is designed and built leading up to the grand opening....
of course you are all invited !!

nah, i am looking more for large equipment ie.... mars systems, 1/2 hp air pumps, and mainly people who might be contractors, plumbers etc, we are trying to get large equipment not 55gallon tanks etc. this isnt a swap meet, it is going to be a full scale fish store, with a large african cic. section, marine section and community section... we are also going to have a 2000 gallon shark tank with smoothhound sharks in it, for store display... thanks for the interest

I have a big beckett skimmer.Pm me if your interested.heres some pics...
Im also an electrician if you need any work done on your store.
30ky25g.jpg
alt="" />
4dc9vkz.jpg
alt="" />

My vote is Midtown Atlanta. There are some people south of the city that would appreciate it... infact, probably all of them.

Henry County or conyers would be fine. There's plenty of stores north and city. Us Southsiders need a break.

No Salt stores in Conyers or Covington or anywhere close to Conyers or Covington

I agreed

we need a reef store in the Rockdale area
it would be nice to go to a reef store and not have to travel two hours round trip sometimes more

it would make sense to open a store where is is not yet saturated
you will be one of the few in this area

i would vote Conyers also. i'd be stopping by all the time since i work out there!

we have pretty much decided that conyers will be the location of the new fish store... we are looking at 4-5 buildings right now, and are shooting for about 6000 total ft of space... that should enable us to have the setup we are looking for, we will be doing service as well, (wouldnt appeal to too many people on here seeing as we do this hobby b/c we enjoy it) but none the less we are offering it.

just a few things we have decided on so far i thought i would pass along, the reef tanks will be shallow for the most part, you will be able to look down from the top of 70% of the reef tanks to be able to see the corals from the top as well as the side. we decided that too many stores dont let you see the coral from the top and feel that is important (especially for claims)

we are talking to an acrylic shop trying to negotiate some deals with them and hopefully will be getting into custom skimmers, sumps/filters and tanks, all of that should be in phase 3 of the buisness (more than likely after about a year of being open) so as not to dilute the focus on the store at first.

we will be looking for a few people to do service (part time) and a couple to work in the store... (again we are starting small and going slow) more details to come later....

hmm Part time job in a reef store. Sound like fun to me. More for me to learn :D send me a pm when you are ready.

Stop by Cap Bay if you want to see a good tank layout. They have a great frag setup. Optimum is probably the best LFS layout for fish. All the fish are easy to see and they sure do keep the water super clear. I would like to see how they do that.

YES!!! Finally a lfs close to conyers...i think i just wet myself, j/k. do you have a basic timeline, or when you might open?

Back