New fish tank is up :)

ouling

Market
Reaction score
Well, this is my favorite tank so far!

I didn't want a room that is designed for a fish tank with equiptment and wires scattered everywhere. I wanted a fish tank that is simple and don't make the room look messy.

Everything is housed inside the stand and 1 plug powers everything. It is then split into two GFIC that is built into the stand for safety.

As for lighting, I use a M80 ballast with 250W DE lamp housed in a Lumen Bright Mimi pendant. I don't use the protective glass.

Skimming is done by Berlin turbo with a 4'' extension, upgraded with the Kent venturi mod and powered by a Mag 9.5. It is a beast for this tank! Water is drained from the skimmer into the refugium that is also built into the stand.

I waterproofed the cabinet to prevent water leaking onto the floor. The stand holds in 25 gallons of water before it spills out.

Here is the finished product in its infancy:

Picture009.jpg
alt="" />
Picture009.jpg
></a>

I like it... With the glow of the light and the sound of the water gently running should put you right to sleep while your watching tv. Well maybe not watching the tv anymore but the tank is super nice. 2 thumbs up.

There's a tank there? Just looks like a bright light to me! :lol2:Looks good though. Rimless? What are the dimensions?

question. you mention that your light is a DE unit and you don't run the glass shield. can you explain more. shoot me down if ive missed something, I was always told you need a uv shield when using DE bulbs.

I think your tank looks awesome and very neat. Really suits the room.

what spectrum of bulb are running?

Simon.Kruger;206287 said:
question. you mention that your light is a DE unit and you don't run the glass shield. can you explain more. shoot me down if ive missed something, I was always told you need a uv shield when using DE bulbs.

That was my understanding as well.

I really like cubes. :up:

Joe

LOL. Sorry, it's a SE unit and don't have the glass sheilding. I acutally ordered the DE but they just sent the wrong one, I am sticking to it because SE actually put out more light because of the abscence of the glass. :)

ouling;206323 wrote: LOL. Sorry, it's a SE unit and don't have the glass sheilding. I acutally ordered the DE but they just sent the wrong one, I am sticking to it because SE actually put out more light because of the abscence of the glass. :)

Good, you had me worried there. THe UV rays would've killed everything!

good catch, your right.

http://www.advancetransformer.com/eCatalog/out/4334925901.pdf">http://www.advancetransformer.com/eCatalog/out/4334925901.pdf</a>

should be paired with an ignitor.

I may be wrong but that ballast will run a SE lamp without problem. It fires up just like any magnetic ballast, it also produce less heat and noise. I ran 400w SE bulbs of the PFO HQI ballast for a year without problem in my olde tank. I think there isn't much difference between the DE and SE bulbs in terms of the ballast they use. M80 just puts out alot more power than the Icecap electronic or any other magnetic ballast IMO.

Pictures coming up soon! :)

Here is the skimmer and sump:
DSCN3489.jpg
alt="" />

Picture012.jpg
alt="" />

Picture013.jpg
alt="" />
Picture013.jpg
></a>
DSCN3489.jpg
></a>

I have to thank FutureInterest for GIVING me all these free corals. We're not talking about 1'' Kenya Tree frags here...

This first one was bought by me, the rest was giving by Gin.

<u><span style="color: #22229c;">
Picture023.jpg
>http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa98/ouling/Picture023.jpg</a></span></u>

Picture042.jpg
>http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa98/ouling/Picture042.jpg</a>
Picture043.jpg
alt="" /></span></u>
<u><span style="color: #22229c;"></span></u>
Picture048.jpg
alt="" /></span></u>
Picture051.jpg
alt="" />
Picture048.jpg
></a></span></u>
Picture023.jpg
></a>

This makes me want to get a rimless tank.

VERY nice, Mike!

And what is this gorgeous gem?

Picture043.jpg
alt="" />

This is from Gin, it's a red blasto with neon green mouth. The man gaved it to me for free; I am sure it's worth at least $80!

Back