New Hanna Checker - Alk read in dKH

ghbrewer

Market
Reaction score
Hanna just released a new Alk checker that gives readings in dKH. Not a huge deal, but handy.

marine-alkalinity-dkh-checkerr-hc-hi772.html

Nah, think they are still using the liquid reagent. The picture is misleading b/c they are showing a pH checker I think. They did just send out a recall on some batches of reagent, still waiting for mine to come in.

ghbrewer;1072738 wrote: Nah, think they are still using the liquid reagent. The picture is misleading b/c they are showing a pH checker I think. They did just send out a recall on some batches of reagent, still waiting for mine to come in.

Your right the picture is definitely misleading. Looks like they use the same reagents. I received my replacements a few days ago they shipped the replacements within a few days.

I've been loving my old-and-busted Alkalinity (from December 2015) checker that reads in ppm. Even with the recent reagent snafu - it still was enough to give me a decent idea of how quickly the carbonate level depletes in my tank. Once dialed back in and I get the swings stabilized, it's Hammer time! (forgive the horrible joke)

Makes me wonder though... why couldn't they have built the unit with a selectable display? Once the reading's done, it's just a conversion (maybe cycles through meg/L/dHK/ppm after the C2 read)

I JUST got around to checking my own existing reagent and requesting replacement... hopefully it's not too backordered at this point.

BulkRate;1072742 wrote: I've been loving my old-and-busted Alkalinity (from December 2015) checker that reads in ppm. Even with the recent reagent snafu - it still was enough to give me a decent idea of how quickly the carbonate level depletes in my tank. Once dialed back in and I get the swings stabilized, it's Hammer time! (forgive the horrible joke)

Makes me wonder though... why couldn't they have built the unit with a selectable display? Once the reading's done, it's just a conversion (maybe cycles through meg/L/dHK/ppm after the C2 read)

I JUST got around to checking my own existing reagent and requesting replacement... hopefully it's not too backordered at this point.

I love mine as well! They might be after the nine replacement bottles they shipped me. :)

Soooo we don't have to take the number and multiply by .056 anymore?

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Just got a 3 pack of hanna checkers for xmas, would like to see a reading in dkh but i input the results in apex fusion and it converts it for me,

Back