NEW JEBAO DCT PUMPS vs. DC PUMPS

genesis

Market
Reaction score
So I recently upgraded my Mag 12 to a Jebao DCT 8000. Nothing wrong with my previous pump. Mags are awesome, do add some heat but loved it. I really like the new pump with all the extra features like adjusting the flow, feed mode, slow start up. Jebao says the DCT series is way more efficient and better than the previous DC models.

Anyone have any experience with either or both in comparsion?

JECOD (JEBAO) DCT series Pumps - DCT4000/DCT6000/DCT8000/DCT12000/DCT15000.
Why are these better then the DT Models?
DCT has a High performance motor with innovation electronics and energy saving up to 50% more then DCT.
A New 10 Speed Controller.
IC electronic detection, automatic power off protection upon no water sensor.
Motor protection if rotor is blocked.
Super quiet operation.
No copper components.
Wear resistant ceramic shaft, longer operation life.
Jebao are changing their name from Jebao to JECOD- which stands for Jebao ECOlogical Design.
All new products from Jebao will have this branding.
This new enhanced range will replace the previous DC6000/9000/12000/15000
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1020912=60126-prod_dct_-_kopie.png
>
1020912=60126-prod_dct_-_kopie.png
class="gc-images" title="prod_dct_-_kopie.png[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

previous dc pumps
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1020915=60127-DC6000_1.jpg
>
1020915=60127-DC6000_1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DC6000_1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I didn't know they had a newer version of the DC pump. I'm in the market right now so I might have to try it out.

Dapperjman;1020925 wrote: I didn't know they had a newer version of the DC pump. I'm in the market right now so I might have to try it out.

So far I love it. Sounds like a turbine engine starting up when it turns on. Love the adjustablity and feed mode

Genesis;1020954 wrote: So far I love it. Sounds like a turbine engine starting up when it turns on. Love the adjustablity and feed mode
So is it not really quiet? Or just like that starting up?

Dapperjman;1021013 wrote: So is it not really quiet? Or just like that starting up?

If you listen real close you can hear my DC start but it is hard to hear. Once running it is dead silent. Love my DC.

I have an almost new DC 8000 for $100 if anyone needs one....

Dapperjman;1021013 wrote: So is it not really quiet? Or just like that starting up?

They are really quite. You do hear a little hmm if you run it all full power but it really isn't that noticeable

Genesis;1021092 wrote: They are really quite. You do hear a little hmm if you run it all full power but it really isn't that noticeable
What is your head height? I'm going to have about 6ft and I noticed you had the 8000. How close to full power do you run it?

Dapperjman;1028850 wrote: What is your head height? I'm going to have about 6ft and I noticed you had the 8000. How close to full power do you run it?

I have a DCT-8000, on 2nd setting, with 4 ft of head. I would think an 8000 would fit the bill for you.

Dapperjman;1028850 wrote: What is your head height? I'm going to have about 6ft and I noticed you had the 8000. How close to full power do you run it?

I'm at 5 ft of head height and also have a split in to two return lines. I run it at 100%. I get a good turnover rate but if I was to have a choice again I would have got the 12000 and increase the flow and ran it at a lower setting

I have the 12k on an 80g system with 5.5ft of head and a split that drives a reactor with a LT of seachem matrix , and dumps back in to my skimmer chamber. I can only run it at 2 unless I open the reactor wide open but its too much flow to be effective .
Crazy strong pump .
Now you ask why I got such a big pump on a tiny system , it was a 20$ difference between the 8k and 12k so I saw it as a wise investment in the future of my hobby.

Thanks for the responses! I didn't mention I also wanted to run a couple reactors and UV with it, so I will probably get the 12000. From what I've read, it seems the lower the setting, the quieter the pump is, so I guess its better to oversize it if you can afford to.

dapperjman;1028912 wrote: thanks for the responses! I didn't mention i also wanted to run a couple reactors and uv with it, so i will probably get the 12000. From what i've read, it seems the lower the setting, the quieter the pump is, so i guess its better to oversize it if you can afford to.

+1

Dapperjman;1028912 wrote: Thanks for the responses! I didn't mention I also wanted to run a couple reactors and UV with it, so I will probably get the 12000. From what I've read, it seems the lower the setting, the quieter the pump is, so I guess its better to oversize it if you can afford to.
My next step is adding a uv in line behind my reactor.

Back