New lights on the 160 Cube!!!

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
I posted up an update on my re-work of my lights. After a few hours spent trying to find out why one of the 400W weren't firing I finally figured out it was a bad bulb. I am temporarily using a 10K untill I can get the 14K replaced. I really like the spread of light and with the additional 400W it has the PAR punch I want for coral growth. Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking!

showthread.php

oh my, your fish are gonna go blind - you should downgrade to 2 - 12watt pcs.

yep, thats that hot #$%@!!!! mark, the tanks looking fantastic!! hey question, have you tried running 20000k's and no acentics? the reason I ask is Im going to try to set up my new lights with 2-250w 20000k and 1-400w 10000k and was told this would eliminate the need for acentics. I just know youve been through some headaches with trying different light schemes. any thoughts?

jade76;156545 wrote: yep, thats that hot #$%@!!!! mark, the tanks looking fantastic!! hey question, have you tried running 20000k's and no acentics? the reason I ask is Im going to try to set up my new lights with 2-250w 20000k and 1-400w 10000k and was told this would eliminate the need for acentics. I just know youve been through some headaches with trying different light schemes. any thoughts?

You can still run actinics with a 20K but you might have too much a blue tint. The 14Ks are about perfect to run actinics with to give "pop" to the colors of the corals. I am hoping the growth will be at least as good as the 10K. I might even keep the 10k as the second 400W that I run for a few hours during "high noon"! Can't hurt to try it out for a few month.

Back