New Member - Excited to be a part of Atlanta Reef!

Welome to ARC ! You're going about it the right way, research, read all you can and ask questions. I have been doing this on and off for 35+ years and still research, read alot and ask questions. I use T5s and am very happy with results. I also thikn a 9.5 will be overkill a 5 or 7 for return should be planty with some powerheads in tank for flow. I use a Mag7 in my 72 bowfront. Abyway take it slow and good luck.

Hey, JeffMuse, welcome to you too! I'm enjoying reading your thread here because of the advice on lighting. I'm in the process of choosing my equipment and will begin buying next week. I'm currently looking at the Nova Extreme T5 48" setup. Choosing equipment is half the fun(?)! :)

That is awesome! I have always thought that the Nova Extremes are great looking lights... shoot me some pictures of the setup when you get everything up and running!

I don't know if you've purchased your tank already or not, but in my design process for my next tank (similar volume to you) I had several members recommend finding a tank "thicker" than 18" to make aquascaping and maintenance easier and increase the size of the sandbed available for substrate corals. My current tank is 20" deep and I still don't have room for brains, favia, etc. but I went a little overboard on LR.

Back