New member! Getting ready to start this crazy thing.

I haven't seem a lid or cover mentioned, something you should consider before adding fish, as ANY fish can jump and some are almost guaranteed to jump.
It’s got a cover. But I’m concerned about light going through it. Maybe get a screen or cut a plastic egg crate?

You may need two lights to prevent the brace from casting a shadow. I thought about going with the same tank and saw tutorials that some people replaced the middle brace with a wire or clear piece of acrylic.
Ugh. I didn’t even think of that. I wonder if that light will even hook on that tank with the brace. I’m almost tempted to just switch to a 40G breeder. But I’d need two lights for that too probably? Also I can’t find a decent stand.

If you were to go with Noopsyche k7 pro, You would need two lights for a 40B as well.
I just checked and their bracket is just a hair too small for my 120g brace so I'm sure it's big enough for yours. I did not want to make a new top for my tank so I put a 2x4 riser from the back of my stand and screwed the metal bracket into it.
IMG_20191230_225904.jpg

Hi thanks for the welcome! Starting my first saltwater tank and almost have everything ready to get going. Thus far I have a 36G bowfront, RODI system, heater, rock, sand, Aquaclear 110. I have the basic light that came with the tank which should be fine for the cycling part but am looking for a good light that won't break the bank. Is there such a thing? I'm looking to keep a few fish and corals. Also I need a hang on back skimmer. (I don't need that to start cycling right?) Other than that, what am I missing? Total noob so input is always welcome! Looking forward to being part of the fun here!
Welcome!

Back