New member intro & new to Atlanta

andi.rahl

Market
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Andi, she/they, please! I just moved to Atlanta from Wisconsin in January this year. I lived in Florida for most of my life so I had a lot of options for stores and what I could do with my aquarium while I lived down there. I had the 6 gallon fluval edge in Florida, but now I'm going to give Gankpike's 12 gallon a try! I'm a pet mom to my 2 year old kitty called Eris. I'm a gamer, and I collect pins, funko pops, and squishmallows. I don't drive so I'm kind of at a loss as to where to go for saltwater stuff, but I'm hoping to make some friends through here that I can buy from and eventually trade with. I am excited to jump back into this hobby, and I can't wait to be able to get livestock for my aquarium! I hope everyone is well. x

Thanks! I can't wait to do the supporting thing that I see in yours and zoasandpalys' names. :D and to put more stuff in my tank lol
Thanks! Just make sure you have plenty of pods! We actually almost lost her recently to ich or velvet. If you ever get one just make sure you have plenty of pods!

Thanks! Just make sure you have plenty of pods! We actually almost lost her recently to ich or velvet. If you ever get one just make sure you have plenty of pods!
Oh yeah, if I ever move somewhere that I can have a massive tank/sump/refugium, etc. I'd be sure to have a well established colony of pods first. My ex and I thought we had a big enough setup and enough pods but it turned out to not be the case in the long run so we gave our pipefish to a then local reefer. ^^ I'm more interested in coral and maybe a fish? I reallyyyy want a some type of goby like yasha goby, court jester/rainfordi goby, or Hector's goby, or a exquisite or purple firefish. Helfrichi's firefish is gorgeous, too, but they seem hard to find. I also need to research those fish more before I pick one to make sure I'm not going to wind up with something that's not compatible with what I want to do in my aquarium. Still wanting to hit one of the semi-local fish stores to grab a few more bits of live rock if I can find a ride.

Welcome to Atlanta?

What part of Wisconsin were you in?
Thanks! I've only been here since January, don't drive, and still don't know where anythiiiing is locally lol.

I was barely in nw Wisconsin, east of the twin cities, outside of New Richmond. Nothing but cows, corn and soy fields, and bars. lmfao

I think that was several hours south of me? I only got as far away as Minneapolis or Eau Claire :p
Yeah, I was a couple hours straight down the Mississippi. The dive shop I worked for in high school had a branch in Eau Claire that I'd sometimes work on the weekends and I still have a lot of family in Minneapolis. Been in Atlanta 13 years now and I don't miss the winter one bit.

Yeah, I was a couple hours straight down the Mississippi. The dive shop I worked for in high school had a branch in Eau Claire that I'd sometimes work on the weekends and I still have a lot of family in Minneapolis. Been in Atlanta 13 years now and I don't miss the winter one bit.
I have been down here for 2.5 months and don't miss the winter one bit, either. lol It was pretty to look at but it was miserable to exist in. I don't even think that I'll be going back for holidays, to be quite honest. My family can Skype/Zoom/Google meet with me or whatever if they want me there that badly.

Welcome, what games/platforms are you on? I’ve been trying to find a series x for a few months now but no luck 😡

Back