jones375

Market
Reaction score
Hello all,

Figured I would introduce myself. My names Matt, originally from Gwinnett then spent some time in Louisiana for college and just recently transferred out of the military. Starting to get back in the hobby now that I am in grad school and living in ATL. Currently sorting thru all the equipment that my dad and I had when we were in the hobby together in LA. Too much equipment for one tank so if anyone could offer help on trying to sort and price this stuff out it would be greatly appreciated. Looking at either some sort of smaller AIO or a 40g breeder build but obviously depends on what the wife has to say about it. Attached a pic of the 100g I had in HS/college and the 120 my dad built afterwards. Look forward to getting to be a member of a reef club community again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 6.37.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 6.37.44 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 5.54.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 5.54.50 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
Welcome! You had some nice tanks in the past, with the improvements in technology and equipment available you should be able to get there again. Can't wait to see your restart pics.

Thanks for the kind words. The 100g was the most minimal tank tech wise. My father and I had competing ideologies about saltwater setups. I was very minimalistic while my dad was very tech oriented. Both seemed to work out fine but it was always a battle between us. The one thing we always agreed on is that we really enjoyed the hobby.

Hello all,

Figured I would introduce myself. My names Matt, originally from Gwinnett then spent some time in Louisiana for college and just recently transferred out of the military. Starting to get back in the hobby now that I am in grad school and living in ATL. Currently sorting thru all the equipment that my dad and I had when we were in the hobby together in LA. Too much equipment for one tank so if anyone could offer help on trying to sort and price this stuff out it would be greatly appreciated. Looking at either some sort of smaller AIO or a 40g breeder build but obviously depends on what the wife has to say about it. Attached a pic of the 100g I had in HS/college and the 120 my dad built afterwards. Look forward to getting to be a member of a reef club community again.
WELCOME TO ARC MATT!! Thanks for the intro! Glad to have you back and thanks so much for your military service!

Hey my former warrior brother! Matt, welcome to what we believe is one of the premier clubs in the country. If you could have been on our Zoom Christmas party today, you would have seen why. We gained in depth knowledge about generators and inverters. The icing on the cake is with 103 participants, EVERYBODY won a door prize! Some people who just joined got more than their membership fee back today. Main prizes were a full Apex system, Trident and two complete Noopsyche K7 Pro ii lights with director and mount. Looking through our for sale forum may give you an idea about how to price your equipment. Happy reefing!

Back