New return pump suggestions

Thanks Dave. I looked at those RD's and they are clearly at the top of the list in engineering and quality. However liked you pointed out VERY expensive. There is noway I can afford an 800.00 pump.

Look what the mailman brought. The only thing that concerns me is the way the return hose needs to be clamped on. I would much more prefer a threaded adaptor. May need to go to hardware store.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
971388=55173-image.jpg
>
971388=55173-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Ok got the pump hooked up with a union which I didn't have before. This pump is very quite! However I don't believe the ratings that they advertise. I have it turned all the way up and I don't believe that it's no where near the 1600GPH as advertised. I thought I would let peeps know.

COMPLETE IDIOT UPDATE!!! When I bought this aquarium the return pump came with it. I was told it was a mag 9.5 so I've never really paid much attention to it. I swapped out the pumps and begin to clean the old pump to be used as a back up. When I looked at the label it was a Mag 12b! So comparing the two pumps I now completely believe the rating on the 6000. I made that statement with the belief I was comparing a 9.5 to the 6000. Instead I'm comparing it to Mag 12, big difference. Apologies:doh:

mysterybox;972067 wrote: Eheim 1262

Great pump with many years of reliable service but I wanted a variable speed and I really like the feed mode. I don't have a controller. Maybe I can get n Apex for Xmas

Back