New Shallow Reef Thoughts

wt*jayjay

Market
Reaction score
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">I recently picked up a really nice frag tank set up from some fellow tank hogs. Was a total impulse buy but the price was right so couldn't pass it up. My original intent was to plumb it into my current system for a frag tank, but the more I look at it and the more I see some "shallow reef builds" on RC I’ve decided to make it my main display! The tank measures 36"/24"/12". Its acrylic and already has a drain and return drilled in the corners, so i plan on making both of them returns and building my own external overflow.</span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;"> </span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">As this is going to be a unique tank, i want a unique fish... so I REALLLY want to pick up the little bugger in my avatar!! Being such a shallow tank i think it would really show him off. Plus I kinda sorta have access to one.. been taking care of one for a few weeks now ;) (if you know me you know what i mean).. he eats ghost shrimp every day like a champ and I’ve started to get him to show some interest in frozen.</span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;"> </span></span>
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">But here is my only dilemma.. I have started to get a decent sps collection going now so my two mp10's that ill be useing on it would for sure make a sand storm.. and I can’t stand to find my scollys and clams covered up in sand so ill more than likely go bare bottom. BUttt on that note.. I may just go lps and zoos only because I would hate the high flow to stress my little purple dude out.. been reading up on him more and more and they are typically found in very deep water, so im thinking he would appreciate a little more chill flow.</span></span>

I think they have one of those at optimum aquarium up in kennasaw... but i'm not positive

Back