new sump

Will there be enough pressure for gravity to pull it through?

There are two 1.5" holes above the filter socks, when the first chamber fills, the water will spill out the holes and into the socks...so yes gravity will pull it through. The sumps i've seen that use this technique seem to have worked so...

I do like the idea... currently my drain empties into a sock... when the sox get's clogged it overflows... sometimes it splashes outside the sump. I also like the idea of the inlet coming into a closed box to hold in some of the noise. Will bubbles in the inlet cause any concerns?

My fathers sump is the same way as yours...water drains directly into the sock from the tanks, when they clog they overflow and splash. Thats what I was trying to avoid. Hopefully there are enough baffles and time for the bubbles to dissipate before they reach the return pump. I find out soon enough....

yeah.. I've wanted to have one as a room divider for a while... REALLY looks great.. you're gonna love it..

Thanks...since i've never done a tank like this, all the compliments are really helping calm my nerves till I get it running.

Nice looking sump, and I really wish I had used black acrylic on my fuge, to keep the light contained and minimize growth in other areas. Well done.
Not to be critical, but if socks are clogging and overflowing, one should think about changing them out or cleaning them with a little more frequency.

Not to be critical, but if socks are clogging and overflowing, one should think about changing them out or cleaning them with a little more frequency.

I haven't started using the sump yet but I'll keep that in mind. I did go ahead and buy 8 of them so I plan on rotating them. I may only run one at a time also. I'll see how it goes. I'm 10 minutes away from starting my first batch of RO water to begin filling it for the first time.:thumbs::yay:

Back